Franklin — The Rock Sports Complex will host a special presentation by Major League Baseball legend and outfielder Lou Brock about diabetes management on Wednesday, Sept. 17.
Brock, who was inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 1985, was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes just after his 60th birthday. He now spends much of his time talking about his journey with the disease, discussing its management and motivating other patients to take care of themselves and stay healthy.
Brock is ranked 23rd on the all-time hit list with 3,023 lifetime major league hits. He is ranked second as an all-time stolen base leader with 938 stolen bases in his career. Brock played three seasons with the Chicago Cubs, beginning in 1960, before being traded to the St. Louis Cardinals, a team that he helped win three National League pennants and two World Series championships.
The "Lou Brock: Living with Diabetes" presentation will be held from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the ballpark at The Rock, located at 7900 Crystal Ridge Road. The event is free to attend, but registration is required. To register, visit www.rockcomplex.com/event/lou-brock-living-with-diabetes-presentation/.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin, Greendale students speak with officials about youth tobacco prevention
- Recall committee calls Franklin alderwoman a 'wicked witch' in flier
- Franklin High School seeks preschool-ready children
- Academy of Performing Arts to move its Franklin location
- Franklin Health Dept. asks residents to check home for radon levels
- New scholarship available to Franklin students pursuing careers in the arts
- Franklin police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Kayla's Krew gets caught in middle of playground fight over site options in Franklin
- Pleasant View Elementary seeks graduate memories for 50th anniversary
- Franklin mayor vetoes Froemming Park location for Kayla's Krew, calls for special meeting