Franklin — Police are seeking a Milwaukee man who stole appliances and bedding out of two motel rooms during the early morning hours of Feb. 21.
According to the Franklin police report:
A 25-year-old man rented a room at the Sunrise Motel, 9347 S. 27th St., and was scheduled to leave the morning of Feb. 21. When an employee entered the room to clean it shortly after noon, they found all the appliances and bedding had been stolen.
Taken were a $50 refrigerator; a $325 television along with an $80 wall mount; a $125 microwave; two bedspreads, valued at $150; four $20 pillows; $40 worth of sheets; and a $40 telephone.
While police were investigating the incident, dispatch received a theft report from an employee at the Plaza Motel, 8151 S. 27th St.
The Plaza employee told police a man checked into the motel about 1:10 a.m. Feb. 21, and specifically asked for a room with a good television "and all the hook-ups." When his room was entered by housekeeping shortly after noon they noticed the man had already left, and the bed and shower had never been used.
They also noticed that a $500 television and two pillows were missing from the room.
Police checked the Plaza's registry and confirmed that the same man had rented both rooms.
Attempts to find the man have been unsuccessful.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin native, actor crowd funds for indie film "Doghouse"
- DJ's Court Tourney held Saturday
- BMX, skateboarding competition canceled Saturday in Oak Creek
- News & Notes: July 24, 2014 issue
- Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Kayla's Krew gains Franklin support for all-inclusive playground
- Rock League Baseball players featured in nationwide Pepsi commercial
- Vehicle stolen in Franklin used in Greenfield carjacking
- News & Notes: July 17, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: July 17, 2014 issue