Franklin — Police are seeking a Milwaukee man who stole appliances and bedding out of two motel rooms during the early morning hours of Feb. 21.
According to the Franklin police report:
A 25-year-old man rented a room at the Sunrise Motel, 9347 S. 27th St., and was scheduled to leave the morning of Feb. 21. When an employee entered the room to clean it shortly after noon, they found all the appliances and bedding had been stolen.
Taken were a $50 refrigerator; a $325 television along with an $80 wall mount; a $125 microwave; two bedspreads, valued at $150; four $20 pillows; $40 worth of sheets; and a $40 telephone.
While police were investigating the incident, dispatch received a theft report from an employee at the Plaza Motel, 8151 S. 27th St.
The Plaza employee told police a man checked into the motel about 1:10 a.m. Feb. 21, and specifically asked for a room with a good television "and all the hook-ups." When his room was entered by housekeeping shortly after noon they noticed the man had already left, and the bed and shower had never been used.
They also noticed that a $500 television and two pillows were missing from the room.
Police checked the Plaza's registry and confirmed that the same man had rented both rooms.
Attempts to find the man have been unsuccessful.
- Sink or Swim: One Franklin family's fight with rare bone cancer
- Video: Alanna Koehler opens up about daughter's cancer diagnosis
- Video: Brittany Norris finds out she has cancer
- Grease fire damages oven at Franklin bakery
- Five places to go to let your dog off the leash this summer
- Reptile Day returns June 12 at Wehr Nature Center
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- 'Bow Tie,' deer illegally hunted in Wauwatosa, finally returns home
- News & Notes: May 19, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: May 19, 2016 issue