Oak Creek - A 47-year-old Random Lake man told police he was robbed by a stranger after he pulled over on College Avenue to check his tires shortly after 11 p.m. Nov. 26.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The man told officers he heard a squeak in his tire, which caused him to pull over in the 2500 block of West College Avenue. While he was checking his driver-side rear tire, an unidentified man walked up to him and said: "Give me your wallet. I have a gun."
The Random Lake man told police he pushed the man, and a struggle ensued. His wallet apparently fell out of his pocket. The thief grabbed the wallet and was picked up by a blue, four-door vehicle that pulled up next to them.
The Random Lake man followed the man's vehicle north on Interstate 94, but lost sight of the car in a subdivision near Martin Luther King Jr. Drive in Milwaukee.
The robber is described as 5-foot-7, Hispanic, about 20, and having a slim build, dark hair and small amounts of facial hair. He was wearing a light blue, quilted jacket with a hood, blue jeans and dirty white tennis shoes.
The wallet contained $120, a bank card and personal identification.
Police tracked the license plate number to an address in Big Bend, but the car was not at the home.
The officer writing the report noted there was an hour discrepancy between the time of the incident and the time of the call, as well as other items that didn't match up with the victim's statements.
The investigation is ongoing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin to negotiate terms of West St. Martins Road repair, ownership with Milwaukee County
- News & Notes: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin resident Mary Mainella just one of many older adults serving Milwaukee’s veterans through Interfaith
- Homeward bound: Victory of the Lamb, Kayla's Krew move closer to making new facilities a reality
- Franklin police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Franklin man faces arson charge for allegedly starting apartment fire (1)
- Arson suspect of Franklin apartment complex fire taken into custody
- News & Notes: Dec. 4, 2014 issue