Franklin police are investigating a gas station burglary that occurred early yesterday.
According to the Franklin police report:
A man removed the lock on the front entry door and entered Mobil Gas Station II, 7103 S. 27th St., at 3:18 a.m. July 9. Once inside, he stole about $400 worth of Newport cigarettes, up to $100 worth of Bic cigarette lighters and a Wisconsin Lottery ticket dispenser containing an assortment of lottery tickets, valued at $2,878.
The incident was captured on surveillance video, and the footage was turned over to police.
The man is described as heavy-set, black, about 5-foot-8, and wearing a white or gray short-sleeved T-shirt, black sports shorts that went below his knees and black shoes. He also was wearing black-rimmed glasses.
Franklin police ask anyone with information about this crime to call the department at (414) 425-2522.
- Franklin police report: June 2, 2016 issue
- Storage facility's big plan gets scrutinized by Franklin officials
- Second year to Stuff the Squad for St. James food pantry
- Warrior Dash obstacle course coming to The Rock Aug. 13
- Franklin High School wins awards for "Fiddler on the Roof"
- News & Notes: May 26, 2016 issue
- Classes resume at Franklin High School following evacuation
- Franklin police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ryan schedules mobile office tour dates