Franklin police are investigating a gas station burglary that occurred early yesterday.
According to the Franklin police report:
A man removed the lock on the front entry door and entered Mobil Gas Station II, 7103 S. 27th St., at 3:18 a.m. July 9. Once inside, he stole about $400 worth of Newport cigarettes, up to $100 worth of Bic cigarette lighters and a Wisconsin Lottery ticket dispenser containing an assortment of lottery tickets, valued at $2,878.
The incident was captured on surveillance video, and the footage was turned over to police.
The man is described as heavy-set, black, about 5-foot-8, and wearing a white or gray short-sleeved T-shirt, black sports shorts that went below his knees and black shoes. He also was wearing black-rimmed glasses.
Franklin police ask anyone with information about this crime to call the department at (414) 425-2522.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Rock announces July Fourth celebration plans
- Sink or Swim: Franklin girl fights through early stages of a cancer diagnosis (1)
- Going Fourth: Where to celebrate holiday in Oak Creek, Franklin, Greendale and Hales Corners
- Franklin residents voice concerns about potential sidewalks
- Franklin police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Forest Park Middle School named school of distinction, merit
- Public Forum: Franklin has poor track record on taking action
- News & Notes: June 25, 2015 issue
- In name of beer, volunteers lend a hand at Franklin's Hunger Task Force Farm
- Motion to dismiss for couple charged with locking daughter in basement denied