Franklin police are investigating a gas station burglary that occurred early yesterday.
According to the Franklin police report:
A man removed the lock on the front entry door and entered Mobil Gas Station II, 7103 S. 27th St., at 3:18 a.m. July 9. Once inside, he stole about $400 worth of Newport cigarettes, up to $100 worth of Bic cigarette lighters and a Wisconsin Lottery ticket dispenser containing an assortment of lottery tickets, valued at $2,878.
The incident was captured on surveillance video, and the footage was turned over to police.
The man is described as heavy-set, black, about 5-foot-8, and wearing a white or gray short-sleeved T-shirt, black sports shorts that went below his knees and black shoes. He also was wearing black-rimmed glasses.
Franklin police ask anyone with information about this crime to call the department at (414) 425-2522.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police deem Kayla's Playground safe after nearby explosion; ribbon cutting will proceed today
- Oscar's Frozen Custard Franklin location stalled by lack of equipment
- Franklin police report: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- New mini park takes small steps in Franklin
- Hunger Task Force Farm in Franklin tries to sustain itself in multiple ways
- News & Notes: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Carlisle Interconnect Technologies plans to expand Franklin location
- Root River Center Reopened: Grand opening will be on Oct. 9 to 11