Franklin police are investigating a gas station burglary that occurred early yesterday.
According to the Franklin police report:
A man removed the lock on the front entry door and entered Mobil Gas Station II, 7103 S. 27th St., at 3:18 a.m. July 9. Once inside, he stole about $400 worth of Newport cigarettes, up to $100 worth of Bic cigarette lighters and a Wisconsin Lottery ticket dispenser containing an assortment of lottery tickets, valued at $2,878.
The incident was captured on surveillance video, and the footage was turned over to police.
The man is described as heavy-set, black, about 5-foot-8, and wearing a white or gray short-sleeved T-shirt, black sports shorts that went below his knees and black shoes. He also was wearing black-rimmed glasses.
Franklin police ask anyone with information about this crime to call the department at (414) 425-2522.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin High Senior Mara Matovich to represent Wisconsin in U.S. Senate Youth Program
- Franklin police report: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- News & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- Franklin police investigate home invasion of 83-year-old woman's Oakwood Road residence
- More trees than anticipated will fall in road reconstruction plan in Franklin
- Franklin police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Ending Common Core raises concerns among West Allis and West Milwaukee educators
- Whitnall ready to go for $29.4 million facilities referendums
- Franklin High School students apply nice doggone artistic touch for canine care business
- News & Notes: Jan. 15, 2015 issue