Incumbent Alderman Dan Jakubczyk and challenger Steve Kurkowski won Oak Creek's aldermanic primary, defeating challenger Shawn Vollmer Tuesday.
The two won by a close margin, with Jakubczyk and Kurkowski garnering 155 and 110 votes, respectively, and Vollmer getting 101 votes.
They will square off in the April 2 general election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin police report: Sept. 3, 2015 issue
- Tornado took the wind out of spirited city retail debate
- Franklin 4th District voters consider recall of alderwoman (4)
- News & Notes: Sept. 3, 2015
- Franklin recall candidates sound off on dysfunction, development, goals (27)
- Reiman Chapel in Franklin to host blessing, tour for public
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- Things to Do: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Public Forum: Janet Evans deserves to finish her term (6)