Franklin — A 22-year-old Oak Creek man who refused to pay for two private dances at a night club was taken into custody after he became combative and began spitting on the arresting officers Monday.
According to the Franklin police report:
Officers responded to On The Border, 10741 S. 27th St., after an employee reported that a patron was refusing to pay for two private lap dances, valued at $70, about 12:30 a.m. Monday.
The man was so intoxicated he didn't remember receiving the lap dances. He originally offered to pay, but then changed his mind and became combative, resisted arrest and started spitting at police.
He was arrested for throwing/spitting bodily fluids at a police officer, resisting arrest and theft by fraud, and was taken to the county jail. He is scheduled to appear in the district attorney's office on Wednesday.
If he is charged with and found guilty of spitting at officers, a Class I felony, he would face a fine of up to $10,000 and/or imprisonment up to 31/2 years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video: Franklin students drop the textbook, pick up the Chromebook
- News & Notes: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin digs deeper into quarry issues
- Franklin Educational Foundation to hold beer-tasting "Cheers to Education" event Oct. 17
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare – Franklin to host Family Health Night
- News & Notes: Sept. 11, 2014
- Franklin emergency crews respond to overturned truck
- Community Calendar: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Sept. 11, 2014 issue