Franklin — Police are seeking a man who displayed a handgun during a robbery at a check cashing business Feb. 6.
According to the Franklin police report:
The man entered Check 'n Go, 6505 S. 27th St., just before 5 p.m. Feb. 6 and asked an employee if he could cash a tax refund check. He then passed the employee a note, displayed a black handgun tucked into his left waistband, and ordered the employee to get him money.
He obtained an undisclosed amount of cash and fled.
The man is described as a 6-foot-tall black man about 35 years old and weighing about 180 pounds. He was last seen wearing a Cincinnati Reds baseball cap, a plaid flannel shirt, gray hooded sweatshirt, cuffed blue jeans and red shoes with matching shoelaces.
About 5:15 p.m., a Milwaukee County Transit Service bus driver told police a man matching the suspect description got on the bus at Walmart on South 27th Street, and then got off the bus at 27th and Ohio streets.
Police were working with MCTS to obtain a copy of the video surveillance footage from the bus in an attempt to identify the man.
Franklin police ask anyone with information about the man to call (414) 425-2522.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taste of Hales Corners, Oak Creek-Franklin is Thursday, March 5
- Additional sessions on $29.4 million Whitnall school referendum set
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015 issue
- Corrections: March 5, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: March 5, 2015 issue
- About 3,000 people currently without power in Franklin, Hales Corners
- Ayusa International looks for Franklin, Oak Creek families to host international students for 2014-15
- News & Notes: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Oscar's Frozen Custard to open new location in Franklin
- Greenfield's Naked Furniture to close April 30