Franklin — Police are seeking a man who displayed a handgun during a robbery at a check cashing business Feb. 6.
According to the Franklin police report:
The man entered Check 'n Go, 6505 S. 27th St., just before 5 p.m. Feb. 6 and asked an employee if he could cash a tax refund check. He then passed the employee a note, displayed a black handgun tucked into his left waistband, and ordered the employee to get him money.
He obtained an undisclosed amount of cash and fled.
The man is described as a 6-foot-tall black man about 35 years old and weighing about 180 pounds. He was last seen wearing a Cincinnati Reds baseball cap, a plaid flannel shirt, gray hooded sweatshirt, cuffed blue jeans and red shoes with matching shoelaces.
About 5:15 p.m., a Milwaukee County Transit Service bus driver told police a man matching the suspect description got on the bus at Walmart on South 27th Street, and then got off the bus at 27th and Ohio streets.
Police were working with MCTS to obtain a copy of the video surveillance footage from the bus in an attempt to identify the man.
Franklin police ask anyone with information about the man to call (414) 425-2522.
- News & Notes: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin school specialist is 'Making IT Happen' with technology
- State rep., write-in candidate, 19, seek Senate District 28 seat
- Things to Do: July 28, 2016 issue
- New pickleball courts to be painted at Ken Windl, Pleasant View Parks
- Franklin police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin Library to host Pokemon Go Night on August 11
- Websites to get new look, realignment
- Franklin community shows support for local police officers
- Moth Night at Wehr Nature Center July 29&30