Greendale High School earned a spot on the Washington Post's list of America's Most Challenging High Schools.
Out of more than 1,900 public and private high schools nationwide, Greendale was ranked 1,240th. Within the state of Wisconsin, it ranked 15th.
For the past 15 years, the list has been compiled by a formula using the number of college-level tests - Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate and Advanced International Certificate of Education - given at a school in 2012, divided by the number of seniors that graduated that year.
The entire list can be found at apps.washingtonpost.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin replaces old pedestrian bridge in Legend Park
- Taste of Hales Corners, Oak Creek-Franklin is Thursday, March 5
- Additional sessions on $29.4 million Whitnall school referendum set
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015 issue
- Corrections: March 5, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: March 5, 2015 issue
- About 3,000 people currently without power in Franklin, Hales Corners
- Ayusa International looks for Franklin, Oak Creek families to host international students for 2014-15
- News & Notes: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Oscar's Frozen Custard to open new location in Franklin