Greendale High School earned a spot on the Washington Post's list of America's Most Challenging High Schools.
Out of more than 1,900 public and private high schools nationwide, Greendale was ranked 1,240th. Within the state of Wisconsin, it ranked 15th.
For the past 15 years, the list has been compiled by a formula using the number of college-level tests - Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate and Advanced International Certificate of Education - given at a school in 2012, divided by the number of seniors that graduated that year.
The entire list can be found at apps.washingtonpost.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall three-term incumbent won't seek re-election
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- News & Notes: Dec. 5
- Former alderman Steve Olson to make mayoral bid
- News and Notes
- Hampton Inn slated for Loomis and 76th
- Police Report: Nov. 26
- Get ready to bounce, jump at indoor trampoline park
- Greendale man charged with groping deputy in Whitnall Park sex sting
- Chapel to comfort cancer patients in Franklin