Franklin - While two candidates filed papers for candidacy with the school board, the third, Jeff Traylor, did not file as of the 5 p.m. Jan. 2 deadline. The deadline was extended to 5 p.m. Monday but no one filed new papers.
The three candidates who filed their papers are incumbents Melissa Klein and Debra Larson. Alan Aleksandrowicz filed as a challenger.
Jeff Traylor did not file a declaration of noncandidacy in December and chose not to run so the board legally extended the deadline 72 hours.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ducklings reunited with mom after being trapped in Franklin sewer
- Franklin police: Planning ahead makes bigger trouble for theft suspect
- Search under way for new library director
- Council creates task force to find economic development director
- Franklin firm recognized for environmental practices
- Police Report: June 4
- Franklin officials tour Shorewood's business district
- Police Report: May 28
- Friends honor fallen Whitnall classmate
- Man facing charges after Franklin road rage incident