Franklin - Franklin's Department of Public Works announced that due to weather, the city is forced to push back the date of its free tree distribution to honor Arbor Day.
The department expects to reschedule the distribution for May 10.
Tree saplings will be given away on a first-come, first-serve basis to city residents at the Franklin Public Library parking lot, 9151 W. Loomis Road, from 10 a.m. to noon, or while the limited supply lasts. Limit one per child or one per family.
For more information, call Debbie Zobel at (414) 425-2592.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin, Greendale students speak with officials about youth tobacco prevention
- Recall committee calls Franklin alderwoman a 'wicked witch' in flier
- Franklin High School seeks preschool-ready children
- Academy of Performing Arts to move its Franklin location
- Franklin Health Dept. asks residents to check home for radon levels
- New scholarship available to Franklin students pursuing careers in the arts
- Franklin police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Kayla's Krew gets caught in middle of playground fight over site options in Franklin
- Pleasant View Elementary seeks graduate memories for 50th anniversary
- Franklin mayor vetoes Froemming Park location for Kayla's Krew, calls for special meeting