Franklin - Franklin's Department of Public Works announced that due to weather, the city is forced to push back the date of its free tree distribution to honor Arbor Day.
The department expects to reschedule the distribution for May 10.
Tree saplings will be given away on a first-come, first-serve basis to city residents at the Franklin Public Library parking lot, 9151 W. Loomis Road, from 10 a.m. to noon, or while the limited supply lasts. Limit one per child or one per family.
For more information, call Debbie Zobel at (414) 425-2592.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Craft project leads way to house fire in Franklin, no significant injuries reported
- Franklin replaces old pedestrian bridge in Legend Park
- Taste of Hales Corners, Oak Creek-Franklin is Thursday, March 5
- Additional sessions on $29.4 million Whitnall school referendum set
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015 issue
- Corrections: March 5, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: March 5, 2015 issue
- About 3,000 people currently without power in Franklin, Hales Corners
- Ayusa International looks for Franklin, Oak Creek families to host international students for 2014-15
- News & Notes: Feb. 26, 2015 issue