Franklin - Franklin's Department of Public Works announced that due to weather, the city is forced to push back the date of its free tree distribution to honor Arbor Day.
The department expects to reschedule the distribution for May 10.
Tree saplings will be given away on a first-come, first-serve basis to city residents at the Franklin Public Library parking lot, 9151 W. Loomis Road, from 10 a.m. to noon, or while the limited supply lasts. Limit one per child or one per family.
For more information, call Debbie Zobel at (414) 425-2592.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin High Senior Mara Matovich to represent Wisconsin in U.S. Senate Youth Program
- Franklin police report: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- News & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- Franklin police investigate home invasion of 83-year-old woman's Oakwood Road residence
- More trees than anticipated will fall in road reconstruction plan in Franklin
- Franklin police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Ending Common Core raises concerns among West Allis and West Milwaukee educators
- Whitnall ready to go for $29.4 million facilities referendums
- Franklin High School students apply nice doggone artistic touch for canine care business
- News & Notes: Jan. 15, 2015 issue