Franklin - Franklin's Department of Public Works announced that due to weather, the city is forced to push back the date of its free tree distribution to honor Arbor Day.
The department expects to reschedule the distribution for May 10.
Tree saplings will be given away on a first-come, first-serve basis to city residents at the Franklin Public Library parking lot, 9151 W. Loomis Road, from 10 a.m. to noon, or while the limited supply lasts. Limit one per child or one per family.
For more information, call Debbie Zobel at (414) 425-2592.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kayla's Playground Ribbon Cutting on Oct. 9, with the all-inclusive park open for play
- Oscar's Frozen Custard Franklin location stalled by lack of equipment.
- Franklin police report: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- New mini park takes small steps in Franklin
- Hunger Task Force Farm in Franklin tries to sustain itself in multiple ways
- News & Notes: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Carlisle Interconnect Technologies plans to expand Franklin location
- Root River Center Reopened: Grand opening will be on Oct. 9 to 11