Franklin - Franklin's Department of Public Works announced that due to weather, the city is forced to push back the date of its free tree distribution to honor Arbor Day.
The department expects to reschedule the distribution for May 10.
Tree saplings will be given away on a first-come, first-serve basis to city residents at the Franklin Public Library parking lot, 9151 W. Loomis Road, from 10 a.m. to noon, or while the limited supply lasts. Limit one per child or one per family.
For more information, call Debbie Zobel at (414) 425-2592.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin recall candidates sound off on dysfunction, development, goals (9)
- Reiman Chapel in Franklin to host blessing, tour for public
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- Things to Do: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Public Forum: Janet Evans deserves to finish her term (5)
- Fire destroys garage in Franklin
- Southwest Symphony tries to get suburbia into tune
- Franklin police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Aug. 20, 2015