· About $50,000 worth of tools and vehicle diagnostic equipment was stolen from a resident's locked garage in the 8700 block of South 27th Street at 9:20 p.m. May 31. The suspect(s) kicked in the garage door to gain entry.
· A catalytic converter was stolen off a work truck in the Valenti Classics lot at 9848 S. 57th St. sometime between May 1 and May 28.
· A 21-year-old woman, two 20-year-old women and an 18-year-old woman, all of Milwaukee, were arrested for shoplifting after they were seen filling duffel bags with clothing at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., and then fled the store at about 10:55 a.m. May 28.
· The driver of a red Dodge Caravan left without paying for $70 worth of gas at Kwik Trip, 10750 W. Speedway Drive, at about 3 p.m. May 31.
· An 18-year-old man and a 16-year-old boy were arrested for disorderly conduct and battery after they injured a 23-year-old man during a physical altercation in the 6300 block of South 35th Street at about 4:30 p.m. May 27. Police later cited a third suspect, a 15-year-old boy, for disorderly conduct and battery for his role in the incident.
· A 39-year-old Franklin woman was arrested for battery after she injured a 16-year-old girl during a physical altercation at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., at about 9:10 p.m. May 30. The fight allegedly started when one person cut in front of the other in the checkout line. The victim sustained scratches and a few abrasions.
· A 42-year-old male resident reported he was attacked by five unidentified males in the backyard of his home in the 9100 block of South 41st Street at 2:55 a.m. May 31. The suspects, described as white males in their late teens or early 20s, were not located. The victim was transported by the Franklin Fire Department to Wheaton Franciscan Hospital where he was treated for multiple contusions and cuts to his face that required six stitches on his left brow and a nasal bone fracture.
· A 33-year-old man was arrested for obstructing/resisting an officer and possession of drug paraphernalia in the 2000 block of South 15th Place (in Milwaukee) at about 10 a.m. June 1. The man, who was a suspect in several retail thefts, was arrested after he fled from police and led them on a short foot pursuit when they approached him.
· A 24-year-old woman was arrested for drugged driving in the 12100 block of West Bel Mar Drive after an off-duty Milwaukee police officer reported seeing her putting on a tourniquet and injecting a needle into her arm before driving off in a black Saturn Vue with two passengers at about 11:55 a.m. June 1. One passenger in her car, a 30-year-old man, was also taken into custody for having two warrants for possession of drug paraphernalia and obstructing with the Rock County Sheriff's Department and for having an extraditable felony warrant with the Lake County Sheriff's Department in Illinois. The second passenger, a young child, was turned over to a relative.
· A 22-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for drunken driving and was cited for deviating from a designated lane in the 4600 block of West Drexel Avenue at about 1:55 a.m. June 1. A chemical breath test indicated a blood alcohol content of 0.10.
· A 60-year-old man was transported to St. Luke's Hospital after he apparently suffered a heart attack while driving his 2005 black SUV out of the parking lot at Target, 7800 S. Lovers Lane Road, at about 11:43 a.m. May 30. The man drove directly into a wooded area across the street and was found breathing but unresponsive.
· A 16-year-old girl was arrested for battery after she was involved in a physical altercation with her grandmother at a residence in the 7200 block of South 51st Street at about 7:40 p.m. May 27. At about 9:20 p.m. May 29, the girl jumped out of a car while she was being transported to the juvenile detention center. She was last seen in the area of South 84th Street and Greenfield Avenue, where she fled from her parents, and is now listed as missing.
· An apartment window was broken in the 3600 block of West College Avenue sometime between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. May 29. It was unknown if entry was made to the apartment or if anything was stolen at the time of the report.
· A man was cited for vandalism and disorderly conduct after he damaged a screen on a home in the 3900 block of West Heatheridge Drive during a verbal argument with the residents at 10:45 p.m. June 1. The man was apparently arguing with a woman over another boyfriend she had, and when he was told to leave, he punched out a screen and threatened to break the woman's phone.
· Firefighters and police responded to a house fire in the 6500 block of South 120th Street at about 7:03 p.m. June 1. When police arrived, the home and attached garage were fully engulfed in flames, and a 65-year-old man had to be rescued from the home. He was transported to the hospital where he was treated for smoke inhalation. The cause of the fire is unknown, and damage is estimated at $60,000.
· A deer head was found lying on the bike path that leads to Forest Park School near the 8000 block of West Lake Pointe Drive at about 9:40 a.m. May 27. Police called the Franklin Department of Public Works, who picked up the deer head soon afterward.
· A 24-year-old man was arrested for eluding (causing injury), resisting arrest, operating after suspension and suspended registration after he fled a traffic stop on South 27th and West College Avenue and led them on a pursuit at about 2 p.m. May 27. The man struck another vehicle on South 27th and Layton Avenue, causing minor injuries to the driver, and was finally stopped on South 27th Street and Goldcrest in Greenfield and taken into custody. Police also discovered the suspect had a warrant through the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department for resisting/obstructing an officer and possession of a controlled substance.
· A resident in the 5300 block of West Ryan Road reported their small pet turkey went missing sometime between 7 a.m. and 5:55 p.m. May 27. The resident stated the turkey is caged but sometimes manages to get out.
· A 37-year-old man was arrested at the American Motel, 9335 S. 27th St., at about 1:15 p.m. May 29, after police discovered he had a valid warrant for multiple theft convictions through Wisconsin Community Corrections. The man was also wanted by Milwaukee police for a robbery where he allegedly impersonated an officer, pushed the victim against the old squad car he was driving and stole the victim's wallet. He was taken into custody and turned over to the Milwaukee Police Department.
· A 24-year-old man was cited for possessing open intoxicants in a vehicle (passenger) after an employee reported seeing an open container of alcohol in a vehicle going through the drive-thru at Wendy's, 6715 S. 27th St., at about 7:25 p.m. May 29.
· A resident in the 9800 block of South 76th Street reported at about 8 p.m. May 29 that an unidentified person(s) used his personal identifying information to take out a fraudulent loan from a financial institution in Illinois in order to purchase $7,970 worth of tires and rims. The incident occurred April 17, and the victim discovered the theft after being contacted by the financial company at 4 p.m. May 29.
· Franklin police responded to one domestic violence call and one fire call between May 26 and June 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Aug. 7, 2014 issue
- Police Report: July 31, 2014 issue
- Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: July 17, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: July 10, 2014
- Franklin Police Report: July 3, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: June 26, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: June 19, 2014
- Franklin Police Report: June 12
- Franklin Police Report: May 29
- Franklin Police Report: May 20
- Police Report: May 15
- Police Report: May 6
- Police Report: April 29
- Police Report: April 22
- Police Report: April 15
- Police Report: April 8
- Police Report: April 1