· A Browning bow and other bow hunting supplies were stolen out of a garage in the 10500 block of West Cortez Circle sometime between Aug. 20 and Aug. 22.
· An unidentified person(s) driving a white work van broke into a locked room and stole about $200 worth of used car batteries at Sam's Club, 6705 S. 27th St., at about 3:35 a.m. Aug. 23. The suspect(s) used a prying tool to open the locked door that faces the parking lot and loaded the batteries into the truck. According to a store security employee, this is a regular occurrence at area Sam's Club stores, and a special patrol watch was requested during the overnight hours.
· About $100 was reported stolen from a home in the 6900 block of South Riverwood Boulevard sometime between the morning of Aug. 15 and the evening of Aug. 17.
· An unidentified male and female shoplifted a Sanyo LCD TV at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., at about 4:10 a.m. Aug. 17. The suspects were described as a Hispanic male with a medium build in his mid-30s with crew-cut hair and wearing a dark T-shirt and a heavier-set Hispanic female in her mid-30s with long hair and wearing a light-colored T-shirt and pants.
· A white Buick LeSabre was reported stolen from the parking lot at Greater Milwaukee Landscaping, 11056 S. 76th St., at about 4:20 p.m. Aug. 19. The victim gave police the name of a suspect.
· About 15 items, including flowers, shrubs and planters, were stolen out of the yard at Nature's Nook, 9801 S. 27th St., sometime between 6 p.m. Aug. 20 and 9 a.m. Aug. 21.
· About 150 gallons of fuel was siphoned out of a semi truck parked at Hodach's, 9830 W. St. Martins Road, sometime between 5:30 p.m. Aug. 21 and 4:45 a.m. Aug. 22.
· An unidentified male stole a gas-powered Echo leaf blower out of the bed of a pickup truck while the owner was landscaping at Culver's, 4220 W. Oakwood Park Court, at about 10:10 a.m. Aug. 22. The suspect, a 5-foot-11-inch-tall white male driving an Astro van, was later identified through his vehicle registration.
· A 35-year-old man was arrested for shoplifting after he was seen concealing razor blades in his pants pockets at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., at about 11:45 a.m. Aug. 22.
· A 23-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of marijuana after he was pulled over and cited for operating after suspension in the 6700 block of West Rawson Avenue at about 1:30 a.m. Aug. 22.
· A 20-year-old woman was arrested for possession of marijuana after she was pulled over and cited for operating without a valid driver's license in the 7900 block of West Crystal Ridge Drive at about 11 p.m. Aug. 23.
· A 70-year-old man was arrested for drunken driving in the 7700 block of South 51st Street at about 8:15 p.m. Aug. 20.
· A 27-year-old Franklin woman was arrested for drunken driving (second offense) in the 7900 block of West Ryan Road at about 2:45 a.m. Aug. 23.
· A resident in the 6700 block of South Yale Drive reported someone threw a rock at her patio door, causing about $800 worth of damage, sometime between 9 and 11:55 a.m. Aug. 20.
· The windows on a red Chevy Cruze were reported smashed while it was parked in the 6500 block of South 35th Street at about 2:25 a.m. Aug. 24.
· A female reported she was walking in the 7300 block of South North Cape Road when she was approached by an unknown male who repeatedly tried to entice her into his vehicle at about 5:45 p.m. Aug. 22. The girl ran to Country Dale School to seek assistance, and the suspect was last seen driving eastbound on St. Martins Road from North Cape. The suspect is described as a 30- to 40-year-old Hispanic male with short brown hair, and he was driving a black, 1990s model Jeep with rust over the wheel well and Ed Hardy seat covers with a red rose on them.
· A .40-caliber Smith & Wesson gun was found by an employee in the glove box of a rental car at Hiller Ford, 6455 S. 108th St., at about 3 p.m. Aug. 23.
· Franklin police responded to two domestic violence calls and assisted the fire department with two rescue calls between Aug. 18 and Aug. 25.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Sept. 25, 2014
- Franklin Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Aug. 7, 2014 issue
- Police Report: July 31, 2014 issue
- Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: July 17, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: July 10, 2014
- Franklin Police Report: July 3, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: June 26, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: June 19, 2014
- Franklin Police Report: June 12
- Franklin Police Report: June 5, 2014
- Franklin Police Report: May 29
- Franklin Police Report: May 20
- Police Report: May 15