Franklin police are seeking the person responsible for breaking into a number of vehicles at Wehr Nature Center, 9701 W. College Ave., May 23.
According to police, at least $500 worth of items were stolen out of five locked vehicles at Wehr Nature Center, 9701 W. College Ave., between 5:30 p.m. and 6:15 p.m. May 23. Items stolen from the vehicles include purses, credit and debit cards, Bluetooth devices, cash, travel bags, an iPod and a jacket.
The suspect gained entry to each vehicle by smashing a window, causing an estimated $1,500 worth of damage to the vehicles.
While police were investigating the vehicle break-ins at the nature center, a caller reported a sixth vehicle break-in that occurred at Whitnall Park Golf Course, 6701 Whitnall Park Drive. The caller reported a cell phone stolen from a locked pickup truck. The front passenger and rear driver's side windows were smashed to gain entry.
Police are following up on a report of a possible suspect — a male with a medium build and short, dark hair — who who was seen driving a black, early 2000s Chevrolet Cavalier-style vehicle in the area at the time the incidents occurred.
- News & Notes: June 2, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: June 2, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: June 2, 2016 issue
- Storage facility's big plan gets scrutinized by Franklin officials
- Second year to Stuff the Squad for St. James food pantry
- Warrior Dash obstacle course coming to The Rock Aug. 13
- Franklin High School wins awards for "Fiddler on the Roof"
- News & Notes: May 26, 2016 issue
- Classes resume at Franklin High School following evacuation
- Franklin police report: May 26, 2016 issue