Franklin police are seeking the person responsible for breaking into a number of vehicles at Wehr Nature Center, 9701 W. College Ave., May 23.
According to police, at least $500 worth of items were stolen out of five locked vehicles at Wehr Nature Center, 9701 W. College Ave., between 5:30 p.m. and 6:15 p.m. May 23. Items stolen from the vehicles include purses, credit and debit cards, Bluetooth devices, cash, travel bags, an iPod and a jacket.
The suspect gained entry to each vehicle by smashing a window, causing an estimated $1,500 worth of damage to the vehicles.
While police were investigating the vehicle break-ins at the nature center, a caller reported a sixth vehicle break-in that occurred at Whitnall Park Golf Course, 6701 Whitnall Park Drive. The caller reported a cell phone stolen from a locked pickup truck. The front passenger and rear driver's side windows were smashed to gain entry.
Police are following up on a report of a possible suspect — a male with a medium build and short, dark hair — who who was seen driving a black, early 2000s Chevrolet Cavalier-style vehicle in the area at the time the incidents occurred.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Oscar's Frozen Custard to open new location in Franklin
- Greenfield's Naked Furniture to close April 30
- Franklin police report: Feb. 26, 2015, issue
- Polish Center of Wisconsin begins Friday night fish fry for Lenten season
- Voters in Oak Creek-Franklin and Greendale decide candidates for April 7 election
- I-94 plan that decreases freeway access disappoints West Allis officials
- Dental Associates named Business of the Year by South Suburban Chamber of Commerce
- Franklin police report: Feb. 19, 2015, issue