Franklin police are seeking the person responsible for breaking into a number of vehicles at Wehr Nature Center, 9701 W. College Ave., May 23.
According to police, at least $500 worth of items were stolen out of five locked vehicles at Wehr Nature Center, 9701 W. College Ave., between 5:30 p.m. and 6:15 p.m. May 23. Items stolen from the vehicles include purses, credit and debit cards, Bluetooth devices, cash, travel bags, an iPod and a jacket.
The suspect gained entry to each vehicle by smashing a window, causing an estimated $1,500 worth of damage to the vehicles.
While police were investigating the vehicle break-ins at the nature center, a caller reported a sixth vehicle break-in that occurred at Whitnall Park Golf Course, 6701 Whitnall Park Drive. The caller reported a cell phone stolen from a locked pickup truck. The front passenger and rear driver's side windows were smashed to gain entry.
Police are following up on a report of a possible suspect — a male with a medium build and short, dark hair — who who was seen driving a black, early 2000s Chevrolet Cavalier-style vehicle in the area at the time the incidents occurred.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin School District opposes N. Cape path proposal
- News & Notes: April 17
- Whitnall approves coaching program
- Police Report: April 15
- Whitnall's production of 'Grease' nominated for 24 Tommy Awards
- Rock goes downtown in latest stadium deal in Franklin
- Public hearing Thursday for funeral home proposal in Franklin
- Evans thanks those who elected her
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District weighs teacher merit pay