Franklin - Someone jumped over a fence topped with razor wire so they could break into five loaded trailers at FedEx Freightways, 10613 S. 27th St., between the late evening hours of Feb. 9 and early morning hours of Feb. 10, according to a Franklin police report.
Also in the report:
The person broke the cast iron locking hook with an object, which allowed him or her to open the trailer door. An estimate of damage to the trailer doors was unavailable at the time of the report.
Two of the trailers were filled with pallets, one was filled with pamphlets for printing, one was loaded with refrigerators and one had end-cap displays for the DVD "Game of Thrones," including DVD games.
Nothing was stolen from any of the trailers.
Franklin police are conducting extra patrols in the area, and an investigation is ongoing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local police assemble for seat belt enforcement
- News & Notes: May 21, 2015 issue
- Long-term care home now has city of Franklin's OK
- Franklin police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners and Oak Creek have full list of holiday events
- Cargill, MillerCoors employees give back in day of volunteering at Franklin farm
- Teens charged in burglaries
- Local dermatology clinic unveils new name, brand
- Company behind Franklin High School's new floor wins national awards for design
- Taking a FARE view of risky food allergies