National Night Out events will be held next week in Franklin, Oak Creek and Hales Corners.
The National Night Out is a united effort to promote security and safety awareness among communities.
Franklin begins with a National Night Out Kick-Off Celebration from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Monday, Aug. 4, at the Franklin Public Library, 9151 W. Loomis Road.
Several law enforcement agencies will be present to answer crime prevention questions from the public and promote various community-oriented policing programs. Free crime prevention and other safety materials will be available.
Multiple vendors and demonstrations will be offered, including a look at the police department's K-9 Unit, said Franklin Police Officer Jon Czerwinski, coordinator for the event.
For the official Night Out on Tuesday, Aug. 5, the police department asks residents to stay home and meet their neighbors. Residents can call Czerwinski at (414) 858-2622 to schedule a crime prevention officer to visit neighborhood activities.
Oak Creek's National Night Out also takes place Tuesday, from 6 to 8 p.m. on the grounds of the Oak Creek Community Center, 8580 S. Howell Ave. A limited number of "Go Kits" and fire extinguishers will be available for $10 each. Attendees are asked to bring non-perishable items for the food pantry.
Spielbauer Fireworks will launch a pyrotechnic display at 9 p.m. at the Oak Creek High School stadium.
Hales Corners' National Night Out is from 5 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at Hales Corners Park, 5765 S. New Berlin Road. It features live music, police personnel, police squads and equipment, private helicopter landing, firefighters and equipment, numerous local businesses and food and refreshments. New this year is a Kids Fun Run.
- Warrior Dash obstacle course coming to The Rock Aug. 13
- Franklin High School wins awards for "Fiddler on the Roof"
- News & Notes: May 26, 2016 issue
- Classes resume at Franklin High School following evacuation
- Franklin police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ryan schedules mobile office tour dates
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek Memorial-ize the holiday
- Construction blooms in Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek
- Sink or Swim: One Franklin family's fight with rare bone cancer