Franklin - A local man found out the hard way that highballs and snowballs just don't mix after he was arrested Feb. 28.
According to the Franklin police reports:
At 2:48 a.m., police dispatch received a report of a vehicle in the ditch along Ryan Road at St. Martins Road. The caller also stated she saw two men walking eastbound toward 76th Street throwing snowballs at vehicles.
Dispatch received a second call minutes later from a woman who stated that two men jumped out at her as she drove past them on 76th Street.
While officers were on their way to the area, dispatchers received a third call from a man who reported that two men threw snowballs at his vehicle. When the caller stopped to confront them, one of the men became belligerent and broke the mirror off his truck.
Police soon found the men and took them into custody. The driver of the vehicle, a 31-year-old Franklin man, was arrested for second-offense drunken driving and criminal damage to property. His blood-alcohol content was 0.14.
The second man was questioned, warned and released.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video: Franklin students drop the textbook, pick up the Chromebook
- News & Notes: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin digs deeper into quarry issues
- Franklin Educational Foundation to hold beer-tasting "Cheers to Education" event Oct. 17
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare – Franklin to host Family Health Night
- News & Notes: Sept. 11, 2014
- Franklin emergency crews respond to overturned truck
- Community Calendar: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Sept. 11, 2014 issue