Franklin - A local man found out the hard way that highballs and snowballs just don't mix after he was arrested Feb. 28.
According to the Franklin police reports:
At 2:48 a.m., police dispatch received a report of a vehicle in the ditch along Ryan Road at St. Martins Road. The caller also stated she saw two men walking eastbound toward 76th Street throwing snowballs at vehicles.
Dispatch received a second call minutes later from a woman who stated that two men jumped out at her as she drove past them on 76th Street.
While officers were on their way to the area, dispatchers received a third call from a man who reported that two men threw snowballs at his vehicle. When the caller stopped to confront them, one of the men became belligerent and broke the mirror off his truck.
Police soon found the men and took them into custody. The driver of the vehicle, a 31-year-old Franklin man, was arrested for second-offense drunken driving and criminal damage to property. His blood-alcohol content was 0.14.
The second man was questioned, warned and released.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin Historical Society to host holiday youth activities before 'An Old-Fashioned Christmas'
- Franklin panel updates city master plan to accommodate apartment development
- Holiday events to kick off in Oak Creek, Franklin, Hales Corners and Greendale
- With monitoring services secured for 2015, Franklin sets new conditions for future quarry contracts
- Brookfield delays financial assistance decision as aldermen request more information
- Franklin police report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Franklin adopts 2015 budget, keeps tax levy frozen
- News & Notes: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Corrections: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Life is art, at least for longtime Franklin man, whose works will appear at library