Franklin — Six residents were evacuated from their home after a fire ravaged the structure Sunday, according to the Franklin Fire Department.
The department responded to the home fire in the 6800 block of South Dory Drive about 7 p.m. Sunday, Franklin Fire Chief Adam Remington said.
"The fire was pretty extensive," Remington said. "We believe it began on, or under, the deck and spread to the house. All three floors, including the basement, were pretty well involved by the time we got there.
"The house will probably be a complete loss."
Three of the residents were evaluated for smoke inhalation, but did not require further medical treatment, Remington said.
Remington did not identify the cause of the fire, but said he didn't believe it was suspicious.
The department received assistance from Greendale, Oak Creek, Hales Corners, Greenfield and Tess Corners during the fire.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kayla's Playground Ribbon Cutting on Oct. 9, with the all-inclusive park open for play
- Oscar's Frozen Custard Franklin location stalled by lack of equipment.
- Franklin police report: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- New mini park takes small steps in Franklin
- Hunger Task Force Farm in Franklin tries to sustain itself in multiple ways
- News & Notes: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Carlisle Interconnect Technologies plans to expand Franklin location
- Root River Center Reopened: Grand opening will be on Oct. 9 to 11