Franklin — Franklin High School is heading to Harvard Law School in its musical production "Legally Blonde" this weekend.
Legally Blonde, based on the 2001 film, is the story of college sweetheart Elle Woods who is dumped by her boyfriend for someone more "serious." To prove her maturity and intellect, Woods enrolls in law school.
"Audiences are going to be overjoyed by Legally Blonde," a school press release stated. "This hysterical and sweet musical has all the charm of the original movie, and then injects it with non-stop, thrilling musical numbers. Our talented cast, crew and production staff are ready to present an exciting show!"
The musical is directed by Richard Gould and assistant directed by Beverly Sargent. Amy Cowell is the choreographer, Jamie Schlecht is the vocal director and Allison Umhoefer the orchestra director.
Performances begin today at 6 p.m. and will continue throughout the weekend. Additional performances will be held Friday at 7 p.m. and Saturday at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. at the Greendale High School Auditorium, 6801 Southway.
Tickets cost $8 for students and adults and $6 for seniors and children ages 6 and under. Due to a brief amount of mature content, some language may be unsuitable for young children.
Seats are reserved and can be purchased at the Franklin High School office, 8222 South 51st St., or by calling (414) 423-4640, ext. 2009. They can also be purchased at the door the day of the performance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BMX, skateboarding competition canceled Saturday in Oak Creek
- News & Notes: July 24, 2014 issue
- Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Kayla's Krew gains Franklin support for all-inclusive playground
- Rock League Baseball players featured in nationwide Pepsi commercial
- Vehicle stolen in Franklin used in Greenfield carjacking
- News & Notes: July 17, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: July 17, 2014 issue
- The Federation of Croatian Societies hosts annual Croatian Fest this weekend
- Franklin Police Report: July 10, 2014