Franklin - The Fire Department is one of five finalists in the IKEA and The Family Handyman magazine's "Fire Station Kitchen Makeover" contest.
The city's fire department was chosen by contest judges from approximately 1,000 entries. The winning department will be selected by the most online votes. Voting concluded earlier this month.
If the Franklin Fire Department wins, it would bring some much needed upgrades and repairs - at no cost to taxpayers - to the kitchen area at Fire Station No. 1, its headquarters. The IKEA kitchen makeover is valued at $25,000.
The winning fire department was supposed to be selected April 12 based on the number of online votes. However, contest organizers told Franklin firefighters that they're pushing back the date and will not select a winner until May 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: July 24, 2014 issue
- Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Kayla's Krew gains Franklin support for all-inclusive playground
- Rock League Baseball players featured in nationwide Pepsi commercial
- Vehicle stolen in Franklin used in Greenfield carjacking
- News & Notes: July 17, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: July 17, 2014 issue
- The Federation of Croatian Societies hosts annual Croatian Fest this weekend
- Franklin Police Report: July 10, 2014
- Autumn Leaves memory care facility considers Frankin location on Drexel