Franklin - The Fire Department is one of five finalists in the IKEA and The Family Handyman magazine's "Fire Station Kitchen Makeover" contest.
The city's fire department was chosen by contest judges from approximately 1,000 entries. The winning department will be selected by the most online votes. Voting concluded earlier this month.
If the Franklin Fire Department wins, it would bring some much needed upgrades and repairs - at no cost to taxpayers - to the kitchen area at Fire Station No. 1, its headquarters. The IKEA kitchen makeover is valued at $25,000.
The winning fire department was supposed to be selected April 12 based on the number of online votes. However, contest organizers told Franklin firefighters that they're pushing back the date and will not select a winner until May 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin School District opposes N. Cape path proposal
- News & Notes: April 17
- Whitnall approves coaching program
- Police Report: April 15
- Whitnall's production of 'Grease' nominated for 24 Tommy Awards
- Rock goes downtown in latest stadium deal in Franklin
- Public hearing Thursday for funeral home proposal in Franklin
- Evans thanks those who elected her
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District weighs teacher merit pay