Four Illinois residents were arrested for committing two vehicle break-ins after they attempted to use a stolen credit card at Target on Oct. 10.
According to the Franklin police report:
Shortly after 6 p.m., police responded to Target, 7800 S. Lovers Lane Road, because an employee reported that four people were trying to use a stolen credit card to buy merchandise. The credit card had been stolen from a purse during a smash-and-grab that had occurred a short time earlier at Risen Savior Lutheran Church & Preschool on 95th Street and Drexel Avenue.
Upon further investigation, police discovered the same four people also were involved in a similar incident at Target on Oct. 5, when they used a stolen credit card to purchase $2,400 worth of merchandise. In that case the credit card they used had been stolen during a smash-and-grab that occurred at St. Paul's Lutheran Church in the 6800 block of South 51st Street.
The four people were arrested for the following:
A 27-year-old man was arrested for unauthorized use of personal information, fraudulent use of a credit card, entry into a locked vehicle, vandalism, theft, possession of burglary tools and receiving/possessing stolen property.
A 27-year-old woman was arrested for unauthorized use of personal information, fraudulent use of a credit card, entry into a locked vehicle, vandalism and theft.
A 25-year-old woman was arrested for unauthorized use of personal information, possessing/receiving stolen property and entry into a locked vehicle.
A 26-year-old man was arrested for unauthorized use of individual personal information, fraudulent use of a credit card, entry into locked vehicle, vandalism, theft, possession of burglary tools, receiving/possessing stolen property and obstructing an officer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kayla's Playground Ribbon Cutting on Oct. 9, with the all-inclusive park open for play
- Oscar's Frozen Custard Franklin location stalled by lack of equipment.
- Franklin police report: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- New mini park takes small steps in Franklin
- Hunger Task Force Farm in Franklin tries to sustain itself in multiple ways
- News & Notes: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Carlisle Interconnect Technologies plans to expand Franklin location
- Root River Center Reopened: Grand opening will be on Oct. 9 to 11