Two people were injured in a fire this morning that caused about $80,000 worth of damage to Competitive Edge Software, 9850 S. 54th St., Franklin.
Fire Chief James Martins said the fire broke out around 10 a.m. in the software company's warehouse, after gasoline used in some machines created sparks.
Martins said he did not know the extent of the employees' injuries, but they were not life-threatening.
It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put the fire out, he said. The building suffered smoke damage but was structurally safe, and that utilities were not shut off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin High Senior Mara Matovich to represent Wisconsin in U.S. Senate Youth Program
- Franklin police report: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- News & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- Franklin police investigate home invasion of 83-year-old woman's Oakwood Road residence
- More trees than anticipated will fall in road reconstruction plan in Franklin
- Franklin police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Ending Common Core raises concerns among West Allis and West Milwaukee educators
- Whitnall ready to go for $29.4 million facilities referendums
- Franklin High School students apply nice doggone artistic touch for canine care business
- News & Notes: Jan. 15, 2015 issue