Two people were injured in a fire this morning that caused about $80,000 worth of damage to Competitive Edge Software, 9850 S. 54th St., Franklin.
Fire Chief James Martins said the fire broke out around 10 a.m. in the software company's warehouse, after gasoline used in some machines created sparks.
Martins said he did not know the extent of the employees' injuries, but they were not life-threatening.
It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put the fire out, he said. The building suffered smoke damage but was structurally safe, and that utilities were not shut off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall High School names new assistant principal
- News & Notes: July 31, 2014 issue
- Police Report: July 31, 2014 issue
- Franklin, Hales Corners and Oak Creek have National Night Out next week
- Franklin native, actor crowd funds for indie film "Doghouse"
- DJ's Court Tourney held Saturday
- BMX, skateboarding competition canceled Saturday in Oak Creek
- News & Notes: July 24, 2014 issue
- Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Kayla's Krew gains Franklin support for all-inclusive playground