Two people were injured in a fire this morning that caused about $80,000 worth of damage to Competitive Edge Software, 9850 S. 54th St., Franklin.
Fire Chief James Martins said the fire broke out around 10 a.m. in the software company's warehouse, after gasoline used in some machines created sparks.
Martins said he did not know the extent of the employees' injuries, but they were not life-threatening.
It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put the fire out, he said. The building suffered smoke damage but was structurally safe, and that utilities were not shut off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Carlisle Interconnect Technologies plans to expand Franklin location
- Root River Center Reopened: Grand opening will be on Oct. 9 to 11
- The Hill Has Eyes at The Rock is open for scaring
- Things to Do: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Oct. 1, 2015
- Search begins for Franklin bank robber
- Franklin police report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- Franklin police take burglary suspect into custody
- Video: Franklin High School students lend a hand at Kayla's Playground (1)
- Franklin police report: Sept. 24, 2015 issue