Two people were injured in a fire this morning that caused about $80,000 worth of damage to Competitive Edge Software, 9850 S. 54th St., Franklin.
Fire Chief James Martins said the fire broke out around 10 a.m. in the software company's warehouse, after gasoline used in some machines created sparks.
Martins said he did not know the extent of the employees' injuries, but they were not life-threatening.
It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put the fire out, he said. The building suffered smoke damage but was structurally safe, and that utilities were not shut off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin Educational Foundation to hold beer-tasting "Cheers to Education" event Oct. 17
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare – Franklin to host Family Health Night
- News & Notes: Sept. 11, 2014
- Franklin emergency crews respond to overturned truck
- Community Calendar: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Sept. 11, 2014 issue
- Video: Franklin crews clean up overturned truck site
- BREAKING: Truck overturns on W. Loomis and W. Drexel
- Franklin, Greendale receive "Schools of Recognition" awards by DPI
- Franklin High scores 23.5 in ACT assessment