Two people were injured in a fire this morning that caused about $80,000 worth of damage to Competitive Edge Software, 9850 S. 54th St., Franklin.
Fire Chief James Martins said the fire broke out around 10 a.m. in the software company's warehouse, after gasoline used in some machines created sparks.
Martins said he did not know the extent of the employees' injuries, but they were not life-threatening.
It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put the fire out, he said. The building suffered smoke damage but was structurally safe, and that utilities were not shut off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The new Root River Theatre Company in Franklin seeks local acting talent for upcoming production
- Community Calendar: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Franklin looks to freeze tax levy, anticipates slight tax rate decrease
- Dispute over Franklin mayor's appointees leave Economic Development Commission stranded
- Many eyes take in Rock's hilly haunted attraction in Franklin
- There's heroin abuse in Franklin, too
- Heroin in the Suburbs: Franklin and Milwaukee County officials stress education regarding youth addiction
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- Development leader resigns key city posts