Two people were injured in a fire this morning that caused about $80,000 worth of damage to Competitive Edge Software, 9850 S. 54th St., Franklin.
Fire Chief James Martins said the fire broke out around 10 a.m. in the software company's warehouse, after gasoline used in some machines created sparks.
Martins said he did not know the extent of the employees' injuries, but they were not life-threatening.
It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put the fire out, he said. The building suffered smoke damage but was structurally safe, and that utilities were not shut off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin unveils new career, college readiness curriculum
- Franklin School Board approves 2.7 percent pay raises
- In Our Schools: May 14
- Police Report: May 14
- Franklin police investigating robbery at KFC
- Franklin honors outgoing library director
- Franklin High School evacuated due to unusual odor
- House of Correction management changes
- Sixth-graders win state competition for public policy work
- Local schools exceed state test results