Two people were injured in a fire this morning that caused about $80,000 worth of damage to Competitive Edge Software, 9850 S. 54th St., Franklin.
Fire Chief James Martins said the fire broke out around 10 a.m. in the software company's warehouse, after gasoline used in some machines created sparks.
Martins said he did not know the extent of the employees' injuries, but they were not life-threatening.
It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put the fire out, he said. The building suffered smoke damage but was structurally safe, and that utilities were not shut off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taste of Hales Corners, Oak Creek-Franklin is Thursday, March 5
- Additional sessions on $29.4 million Whitnall school referendum set
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015 issue
- Corrections: March 5, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: March 5, 2015 issue
- About 3,000 people currently without power in Franklin, Hales Corners
- Ayusa International looks for Franklin, Oak Creek families to host international students for 2014-15
- News & Notes: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Oscar's Frozen Custard to open new location in Franklin
- Greenfield's Naked Furniture to close April 30