Two people were injured in a fire this morning that caused about $80,000 worth of damage to Competitive Edge Software, 9850 S. 54th St., Franklin.
Fire Chief James Martins said the fire broke out around 10 a.m. in the software company's warehouse, after gasoline used in some machines created sparks.
Martins said he did not know the extent of the employees' injuries, but they were not life-threatening.
It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put the fire out, he said. The building suffered smoke damage but was structurally safe, and that utilities were not shut off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Correction: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Video: Whitnall launches districtwide iPad initiative
- Franklin to accept bids for new water, sewer facility
- Franklin needs more retail, according to report. Officials consider their options.
- Franklin Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Franklin School District implements 1:1 Initiative for school year
- Oak Creek-Franklin board puts school space-related referendum questions on November ballot
- New Franklin park indeed aims for 'Pleasant View'
- News & Notes: Aug. 14, 2014 issue