Two people were injured in a fire this morning that caused about $80,000 worth of damage to Competitive Edge Software, 9850 S. 54th St., Franklin.
Fire Chief James Martins said the fire broke out around 10 a.m. in the software company's warehouse, after gasoline used in some machines created sparks.
Martins said he did not know the extent of the employees' injuries, but they were not life-threatening.
It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put the fire out, he said. The building suffered smoke damage but was structurally safe, and that utilities were not shut off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls board plans to move ahead with private property sewer lateral work
- Franklin police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Franklin shoots down community residential facility for drug and alcohol abusers (1)
- News & Notes: April 23, 2015 issue
- Department of Transportation begins 27th Street reconstruction
- Woman hurt in strong arm robbery at Franklin Wal-Mart (2)
- News & Notes: April 16, 2015 issue
- Video: The curtain rises on Franklin High School's new performing arts center (1)
- Whitnall ponders: What's next? Moving on in the face of failed referendum