Two people were injured in a fire this morning that caused about $80,000 worth of damage to Competitive Edge Software, 9850 S. 54th St., Franklin.
Fire Chief James Martins said the fire broke out around 10 a.m. in the software company's warehouse, after gasoline used in some machines created sparks.
Martins said he did not know the extent of the employees' injuries, but they were not life-threatening.
It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put the fire out, he said. The building suffered smoke damage but was structurally safe, and that utilities were not shut off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin School District opposes N. Cape path proposal
- News & Notes: April 17
- Whitnall approves coaching program
- Police Report: April 15
- Whitnall's production of 'Grease' nominated for 24 Tommy Awards
- Rock goes downtown in latest stadium deal in Franklin
- Public hearing Thursday for funeral home proposal in Franklin
- Evans thanks those who elected her
- Oak Creek-Franklin School District weighs teacher merit pay