Two people were injured in a fire this morning that caused about $80,000 worth of damage to Competitive Edge Software, 9850 S. 54th St., Franklin.
Fire Chief James Martins said the fire broke out around 10 a.m. in the software company's warehouse, after gasoline used in some machines created sparks.
Martins said he did not know the extent of the employees' injuries, but they were not life-threatening.
It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put the fire out, he said. The building suffered smoke damage but was structurally safe, and that utilities were not shut off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Prairie School to host event on gifted children
- Missing Franklin man found dead on Nov. 24 near Oak Leaf Bike Trail
- Things to Do: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Pick 'n Save, Hunger Task Force visit area senior centers in new mobile market
- Franklin police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Franklin's $37 million budget has no tax change
- Rawson Avenue closure beginning Nov. 18
- Later paper delivery for Now Newspapers’ Nov. 26, 2015, issue: Later paper next week
- News & Notes: Nov. 19, 2015
- Things to Do: Nov. 19, 2015 issue