Two people were injured in a fire this morning that caused about $80,000 worth of damage to Competitive Edge Software, 9850 S. 54th St., Franklin.
Fire Chief James Martins said the fire broke out around 10 a.m. in the software company's warehouse, after gasoline used in some machines created sparks.
Martins said he did not know the extent of the employees' injuries, but they were not life-threatening.
It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put the fire out, he said. The building suffered smoke damage but was structurally safe, and that utilities were not shut off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: March 11
- Innovative teen creates VitalPak for his diabetes
- Janet Evans the top choice for Franklin District 4 alderman
- Development, budgets on candidates' minds
- Taylor, Evans vie for 4th District aldermanic seat
- Saber Stadium Project moves to finish in fall in Franklin
- Sentry site proposed for community center use in Franklin
- Police Report: March 4
- News & Notes: March 4
- Whitnall panel gets 'ideas,' and prices, for facility fixes in Greenfield and Hales Corners