Two people were injured in a fire this morning that caused about $80,000 worth of damage to Competitive Edge Software, 9850 S. 54th St., Franklin.
Fire Chief James Martins said the fire broke out around 10 a.m. in the software company's warehouse, after gasoline used in some machines created sparks.
Martins said he did not know the extent of the employees' injuries, but they were not life-threatening.
It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put the fire out, he said. The building suffered smoke damage but was structurally safe, and that utilities were not shut off.
- Franklin community shows support for local police officers
- Moth Night at Wehr Nature Center July 29&30
- Gas leak in Franklin causes traffic stop, evacuation
- Traffic blocked for gas leak near Old Loomis Rd and Rawson Ave
- News & Notes: July 21, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: July 21, 2016 issue
- FPS announces district and school administrators for new school year
- Franklin police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- Pokemon Go can go anywhere, but you shouldn't, police say
- Franklin Poms dancers donate toys to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin