Two people were injured in a fire this morning that caused about $80,000 worth of damage to Competitive Edge Software, 9850 S. 54th St., Franklin.
Fire Chief James Martins said the fire broke out around 10 a.m. in the software company's warehouse, after gasoline used in some machines created sparks.
Martins said he did not know the extent of the employees' injuries, but they were not life-threatening.
It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put the fire out, he said. The building suffered smoke damage but was structurally safe, and that utilities were not shut off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Root River Theatre continues local talent search for winter production
- Police seek North Shore Bank robber
- Searching for Molly: Local bar in Franklin jokes about ghost
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Franklin Police investigate armed robbery at North Shore Bank
- Glen Morrow hired as new Franklin City Engineer
- Franklin man uses bike to hike Alzheimer's awareness
- Franklin's EDC remains clouded in political dust-up
- Debate over Franklin trail name proves less than poetic
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue