Franklin - A 30-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for burglary after an investigation revealed he stole an $8,000 motorcycle from his employer's business during the overnight hours of Jan. 20, according to a Franklin police report.
Also in the report:
The owner of Speedway Auto Detailing, 6742 S. 112th St., reported that someone had forced his or her way into the business and stolen a motorcycle valued at $8,000 between the late evening hours of Jan. 20 and 8:50 a.m. Jan. 21.
During the investigation, police viewed surveillance video from a neighboring business that showed a U-Haul rental truck backing up to Speedway Auto Detailing the night of the burglary.
Police worked with U-Haul to determine who rented the truck, and found that it had been rented by an employee of Speedway Auto Detailing.
The man confessed to the burglary and let police know where the motorcycle was. It was recovered.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ducklings reunited with mom after being trapped in Franklin sewer
- Franklin police: Planning ahead makes bigger trouble for theft suspect
- Search under way for new library director
- Council creates task force to find economic development director
- Franklin firm recognized for environmental practices
- Police Report: June 4
- Franklin officials tour Shorewood's business district
- Police Report: May 28
- Friends honor fallen Whitnall classmate
- Man facing charges after Franklin road rage incident