Franklin - A 30-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for burglary after an investigation revealed he stole an $8,000 motorcycle from his employer's business during the overnight hours of Jan. 20, according to a Franklin police report.
Also in the report:
The owner of Speedway Auto Detailing, 6742 S. 112th St., reported that someone had forced his or her way into the business and stolen a motorcycle valued at $8,000 between the late evening hours of Jan. 20 and 8:50 a.m. Jan. 21.
During the investigation, police viewed surveillance video from a neighboring business that showed a U-Haul rental truck backing up to Speedway Auto Detailing the night of the burglary.
Police worked with U-Haul to determine who rented the truck, and found that it had been rented by an employee Speedway Auto Detailing.
The man confessed to the burglary during questioning, and let police know where the motorcycle was. It was recovered.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin recall candidates sound off on dysfunction, development, goals (18)
- Reiman Chapel in Franklin to host blessing, tour for public
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- Things to Do: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Public Forum: Janet Evans deserves to finish her term (6)
- Fire destroys garage in Franklin
- Southwest Symphony tries to get suburbia into tune
- Franklin police report: Aug. 20, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Aug. 20, 2015