A 33-year-old Caledonia woman was arrested for drunken driving the evening of Oct. 20 after two people who saw her sleeping in her car on Howell Avenue used their cars to box her in.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
A driver called police to report a possible intoxicated driver after she saw a woman sleeping in her car, which was running, near 27th Street and College Avenue about 11:50 p.m. Oct. 20. While the caller was talking to the dispatcher, the intoxicated driver woke up and started driving.
The caller followed her to a traffic light in the 6200 block of South Howell Avenue, where the woman fell asleep again while waiting for a red light. She woke up before officers arrived and continued driving.
A second driver, who apparently saw what was happening, pulled in front of the intoxicated driver in the 6400 block of South Howell Avenue. The caller then pulled up behind her car, boxing her in so she could no longer drive.
When police arrived on the scene, the Caledonia woman admitted she had been drinking but refused sobriety testing. She also refused to give police the name of a responsible contact person to pick her up.
She was arrested for drunken driving and taken to the Milwaukee County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Rock announces July Fourth celebration plans
- Sink or Swim: Franklin girl fights through early stages of a cancer diagnosis (1)
- Going Fourth: Where to celebrate holiday in Oak Creek, Franklin, Greendale and Hales Corners
- Franklin residents voice concerns about potential sidewalks
- Franklin police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Forest Park Middle School named school of distinction, merit
- Public Forum: Franklin has poor track record on taking action
- News & Notes: June 25, 2015 issue
- In name of beer, volunteers lend a hand at Franklin's Hunger Task Force Farm
- Motion to dismiss for couple charged with locking daughter in basement denied