Franklin - A 67-year-old Hales Corners man was arrested for drunken driving after he struck a man and rolled over him while backing up his truck at 4:18 p.m. Dec. 22, according to a Franklin police report.
Also from the report:
A 36-year-old Franklin man told police he was standing behind the 1995 Ford F150 truck at Durham Auto Salvage & Sales, 10568 S. 124th St., attempting to retrieve his bicycle out of the truck bed, when the driver started backing up. After the man was knocked down, the driver continued in reverse and drove over him with his rear, passenger-side tire.
The victim was taken to the hospital with injuries that were not life threatening. Both the driver and victim were intoxicated at the time of the incident.
The Hales Corners man was arrested for drunken driving/causing injury by intoxicated use of a vehicle. His blood-alcohol content was 0.11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin school tries quiet-time approach at lunch hour
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 2
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Franklin mayor recommends municipal tax levy freeze in 2015 budget
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- 'The Hill Has Eyes' haunted attraction to return for third season at The Rock
- Adult Health & Wellness Day held today, free blood pressure screenings offered
- Area school districts Exceed Expectations on DPI report cards
- Franklin Police Report: Sept. 25, 2014
- Video: Franklin students drop the textbook, pick up the Chromebook