Franklin - A 67-year-old Hales Corners man was arrested for drunken driving after he struck a man and rolled over him while backing up his truck at 4:18 p.m. Dec. 22, according to a Franklin police report.
Also from the report:
A 36-year-old Franklin man told police he was standing behind the 1995 Ford F150 truck at Durham Auto Salvage & Sales, 10568 S. 124th St., attempting to retrieve his bicycle out of the truck bed, when the driver started backing up. After the man was knocked down, the driver continued in reverse and drove over him with his rear, passenger-side tire.
The victim was taken to the hospital with injuries that were not life threatening. Both the driver and victim were intoxicated at the time of the incident.
The Hales Corners man was arrested for drunken driving/causing injury by intoxicated use of a vehicle. His blood-alcohol content was 0.11.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Boy Scout adds garden beds to Franklin library's patio
- Man banned from store for stealing 49-cent 'Beavis and Butt-head' tape
- Police Report: May 14
- Are there cougars in Franklin? Police officer sees large, wild cat on bike trail
- Forest Park students help Greenfield teen go to X Games, via Make-A-Wish
- Things to Do
- Greendale police arrest boy for graffiti damage
- Franklin unveils new career, college readiness curriculum
- Franklin School Board approves 2.7 percent pay raises
- In Our Schools: May 14