DJ's Court Tourney, the annual 3-on-3 basketball tournament that benefits the Christine Rathke Memorial Fund, will be held Saturday, July 26 at Franklin High School, 8222 S. 51st Street.
Christina Rathke, a star Franklin High School basketball player, died at the age of 20 in a car crash in 2003. DJ's Court Tourney is held in her honor.
All proceeds from the tournament go toward the scholarship fund. DJ Slater, founder of the tournament, and his family finance the tournament expenses, such as T-shirts, food and trophies.
The tournament has raised more than $13,000 since 2003.
The event will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For more details about the tournament, visit www.djscourttourney.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls board plans to move ahead with private property sewer lateral work
- Franklin police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Franklin shoots down community residential facility for drug and alcohol abusers (1)
- News & Notes: April 23, 2015 issue
- Department of Transportation begins 27th Street reconstruction
- Woman hurt in strong arm robbery at Franklin Wal-Mart (2)
- News & Notes: April 16, 2015 issue
- Video: The curtain rises on Franklin High School's new performing arts center (1)
- Whitnall ponders: What's next? Moving on in the face of failed referendum