DJ's Court Tourney, the annual 3-on-3 basketball tournament that benefits the Christine Rathke Memorial Fund, will be held Saturday, July 26 at Franklin High School, 8222 S. 51st Street.
Christina Rathke, a star Franklin High School basketball player, died at the age of 20 in a car crash in 2003. DJ's Court Tourney is held in her honor.
All proceeds from the tournament go toward the scholarship fund. DJ Slater, founder of the tournament, and his family finance the tournament expenses, such as T-shirts, food and trophies.
The tournament has raised more than $13,000 since 2003.
The event will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For more details about the tournament, visit www.djscourttourney.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin Historical Society to host holiday youth activities before 'An Old-Fashioned Christmas'
- Franklin panel updates city master plan to accommodate apartment development
- Holiday events to kick off in Oak Creek, Franklin, Hales Corners and Greendale
- With monitoring services secured for 2015, Franklin sets new conditions for future quarry contracts
- Brookfield delays financial assistance decision as aldermen request more information
- Franklin police report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Franklin adopts 2015 budget, keeps tax levy frozen
- News & Notes: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Corrections: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Life is art, at least for longtime Franklin man, whose works will appear at library