DJ's Court Tourney, the annual 3-on-3 basketball tournament that benefits the Christine Rathke Memorial Fund, will be held Saturday, July 26 at Franklin High School, 8222 S. 51st Street.
Christina Rathke, a star Franklin High School basketball player, died at the age of 20 in a car crash in 2003. DJ's Court Tourney is held in her honor.
All proceeds from the tournament go toward the scholarship fund. DJ Slater, founder of the tournament, and his family finance the tournament expenses, such as T-shirts, food and trophies.
The tournament has raised more than $13,000 since 2003.
The event will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For more details about the tournament, visit www.djscourttourney.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Recall committee calls Franklin alderwoman a 'wicked witch' in flier
- Franklin High School seeks preschool-ready children
- Academy of Performing Arts to move its Franklin location
- Franklin Health Dept. asks residents to check home for radon levels
- New scholarship available to Franklin students pursuing careers in the arts
- Franklin police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Kayla's Krew gets caught in middle of playground fight over site options in Franklin
- Pleasant View Elementary seeks graduate memories for 50th anniversary
- Franklin mayor vetoes Froemming Park location for Kayla's Krew, calls for special meeting
- Franklin targets Froemming Park for Kayla's Krew playground, county approval uncertain