Oak Creek - Police are investigating burglaries at two businesses in the 8400 block of South Howell Avenue.
According to the police reports:
An employee at DiCarlo's Trattoria & Pizzaria, 8469 S. Howell Ave., called police at 8:58 a.m. March 1 to report the restaurant had been broken into overnight.
The main customer doors to the restaurant had been forced open and the main office had been ransacked. Four cash registers were emptied and stacked in the main entryway. The amount of cash stolen during the burglary is estimated between $15,000 and $20,000.
During the investigation at the restaurant it was discovered an adjoining business, Family Vision, also had been burglarized. Although the doors to the business were found locked, an employee discovered that the petty cash drawer was short $150.
Upon closer inspection of the glass entryway, an officer noted the doors appeared to have been jimmied open to gain access to the business.
Police are following up with the business owners to view surveillance video.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local police assemble for seat belt enforcement
- News & Notes: May 21, 2015 issue
- Long-term care home now has city of Franklin's OK
- Franklin police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners and Oak Creek have full list of holiday events
- Cargill, MillerCoors employees give back in day of volunteering at Franklin farm
- Teens charged in burglaries
- Local dermatology clinic unveils new name, brand
- Company behind Franklin High School's new floor wins national awards for design
- Taking a FARE view of risky food allergies