Oak Creek - Police are investigating burglaries at two businesses in the 8400 block of South Howell Avenue.
According to the police reports:
An employee at DiCarlo's Trattoria & Pizzaria, 8469 S. Howell Ave., called police at 8:58 a.m. March 1 to report the restaurant had been broken into overnight.
The main customer doors to the restaurant had been forced open and the main office had been ransacked. Four cash registers were emptied and stacked in the main entryway. The amount of cash stolen during the burglary is estimated between $15,000 and $20,000.
During the investigation at the restaurant it was discovered an adjoining business, Family Vision, also had been burglarized. Although the doors to the business were found locked, an employee discovered that the petty cash drawer was short $150.
Upon closer inspection of the glass entryway, an officer noted the doors appeared to have been jimmied open to gain access to the business.
Police are following up with the business owners to view surveillance video.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin to negotiate terms of West St. Martins Road repair, ownership with Milwaukee County
- News & Notes: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin resident Mary Mainella just one of many older adults serving Milwaukee’s veterans through Interfaith
- Homeward bound: Victory of the Lamb, Kayla's Krew move closer to making new facilities a reality
- Franklin police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Franklin man faces arson charge for allegedly starting apartment fire (1)
- Arson suspect of Franklin apartment complex fire taken into custody
- News & Notes: Dec. 4, 2014 issue