Two customers refused to move for the other for a spot at a gas station pump in Oak Creek.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
An employee called police after two customers, a 69-year-old Franklin man and an 18-year-old Oak Creek man, pulled up to a gas pump at the same time and neither one would move for the other to access the gas pump at Speedway, 8667 S. Howell Ave., shortly before 1 p.m. Dec. 8.
No one became disorderly but the two were upset with one another and neither one was willing to switch pumps.
The Franklin man switched pumps after a passenger in the Oak Creek man's car prepaid $20 on the pump, and no further police assistance was needed.
Editor's note: This story was updated at 10:35 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 13. The original version of the story had an incorrect location for the gas station, as noted in the comments section.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin High's new auditorium, classrooms to be ready for first day of school
- Correction: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- News & Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Video: Whitnall launches districtwide iPad initiative
- Franklin to accept bids for new water, sewer facility
- Franklin needs more retail, according to report. Officials consider their options.
- Franklin Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Franklin School District implements 1:1 Initiative for school year
- Oak Creek-Franklin board puts school space-related referendum questions on November ballot
- New Franklin park indeed aims for 'Pleasant View'