Two customers refused to move for the other for a spot at a gas station pump in Oak Creek.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
An employee called police after two customers, a 69-year-old Franklin man and an 18-year-old Oak Creek man, pulled up to a gas pump at the same time and neither one would move for the other to access the gas pump at Speedway, 8667 S. Howell Ave., shortly before 1 p.m. Dec. 8.
No one became disorderly but the two were upset with one another and neither one was willing to switch pumps.
The Franklin man switched pumps after a passenger in the Oak Creek man's car prepaid $20 on the pump, and no further police assistance was needed.
Editor's note: This story was updated at 10:35 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 13. The original version of the story had an incorrect location for the gas station, as noted in the comments section.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wehr Nature Center Director receives Patriot Award from Department of Defense agency
- The Prairie School to host event on gifted children
- Missing Franklin man found dead on Nov. 24 near Oak Leaf Bike Trail
- Things to Do: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Pick 'n Save, Hunger Task Force visit area senior centers in new mobile market
- Franklin police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Franklin's $37 million budget has no tax change
- Rawson Avenue closure beginning Nov. 18
- Later paper delivery for Now Newspapers’ Nov. 26, 2015, issue: Later paper next week
- News & Notes: Nov. 19, 2015