The Franklin School Board has voted to put three separate referendum questions on the Nov. 6 ballot, the district announced Thursday.
Two of the questions relate to expansions at Franklin High School and the third proposes an expansion at Forest Park Middle School. If all three pass, the cost would be $48.8 million and the estimated tax impact would be $76 per $100,000 of assessed value.
The first question would increase academic capacity at the high school with more classrooms and science areas. It would also create a secure main entry and potentially add 187 parking stalls. The cost is estimated at $20.4 million with a tax impact of $32 per $100,000 of assessed home value.
The second question proposes an 850-seat auditorium at the high school along with new band, chorus and music instruction space. It would relocate the football practice fields and potentially create 191 additional parking spaces. The cost is $12.6 million with an estimated tax impact of $20 per $100,000 of assessed home value.
The third question would address immediate space needs at Forest Park Middle School, according to the district. The current gym would be converted to classroom space and a new gym would be built. The cafeteria would also be expanded. Steps would be taken to improve the traffic pattern and an additional 111 parking spaces would be added.
Residents will be able to learn more about the referendum before the election through mailings and informational meetings, according to the district. Information about the specific proposals is also available on the district's website.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Recall committee calls Franklin alderwoman a 'wicked witch' in flier
- Kayla's Krew gets caught in middle of playground fight over site options in Franklin
- Franklin officials applaud new expansion of cramped water and sewer facility
- Franklin replaces old pedestrian bridge in Legend Park
- Academy of Performing Arts to move its Franklin location
- With video tour, photos: Whitnall nears $29.4 million facilities referendum
- Franklin School Board candidates answer pre-election questions
- Video: Franklin High School senior Noah Bachofen makes waves with his yo-yo
- Taxpayer federation to fight against $22 million Whitnall referendum
- Franklin Common Council approves new stop light equipment to assist emergency responders