Oak Creek - An anonymous caller threatened to kill an employee at Pick 'n Save, 2320 W. Ryan Road, Sunday, while warning that the store would be "shot up," according to an Oak Creek police report.
The report states:
At 2:54 p.m. Nov. 25, an employee received a phone call from an unidentified male who stated: "This is an officer. My boss told me to call you. I'm supposed to tell you that your store is going to get shot up. Listen to my directions, sit in the corner or I will kill you."
After the caller hung up, the employee called her manager, who then called police. Officers searched the store, the parking lot and surrounding business parking lots but did not find anything suspicious.
The manager called the phone number the call had originated from, but no one picked up the phone and there was no answering machine.
The call in this incident is similar to a threatening phone call received at the Bay View Pick 'n Save a day earlier. In the Bay View case, the store received three phone calls that sounded like pranks, but escalated by the third call into threats to shoot up the store. In that case, the store was shut down until 6 a.m. for security reasons.
Store security is working with their information technology department and will follow up with police when they receive more information. In the meantime, an extra police watch was requested at the store.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Recall committee calls Franklin alderwoman a 'wicked witch' in flier
- Franklin High School seeks preschool-ready children
- Academy of Performing Arts to move its Franklin location
- Franklin Health Dept. asks residents to check home for radon levels
- New scholarship available to Franklin students pursuing careers in the arts
- Franklin police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Kayla's Krew gets caught in middle of playground fight over site options in Franklin
- Pleasant View Elementary seeks graduate memories for 50th anniversary
- Franklin mayor vetoes Froemming Park location for Kayla's Krew, calls for special meeting
- Franklin targets Froemming Park for Kayla's Krew playground, county approval uncertain