Mike Zimmerman, owner of the Rock and Zimmerman Ventures, said a partnership with the Illinois-based company is a strong possibility.
"We are in serious discussions with Bo Jackson's Elite Sports to bring a dome to Milwaukee and are looking at The Rock in Franklin or other promising locations in the city," Zimmerman said.
Bo Jackson's Elite Sports dome facility in Lockport, Illinois, hosts training opportunities for baseball, softball, football, soccer and lacrosse. Individual athletes can also use the dome to improve their skills through practice at the facility.
The company recently opened a new facility in Hilliard, Ohio, according to the company's website.
Bo Jackson, the retired football and baseball player considered the "Greatest Athlete of All Time" by ESPN, visited The Rock on August 22 to discuss a potential partnership, Zimmerman said. Jackson was accompanied by the company's chief operation officer and former professional baseball player John Cangelosi, who founded the dome's Cangelosi Baseball program.
"We signed a memo of understanding between the parties and are now running the analytics around the market opportunity to see what that tells us," Zimmerman said. "The business model behind the Bo Jackson Sports Dome is very compelling … And wherever this ends up in Milwaukee County, it will be very exciting for that particular community."
The Rock is located at 7900 Crystal Ridge Road.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glen Morrow hired as new Franklin City Engineer
- Franklin man uses bike to hike Alzheimer's awareness
- Franklin's EDC remains clouded in political dust-up
- Debate over Franklin trail name proves less than poetic
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- New theater group raises the curtain in Franklin
- Community Calendar: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Franklin looks to freeze tax levy, anticipates slight tax rate decrease
- Dispute over Franklin mayor's appointees leave Economic Development Commission stranded