Mike Zimmerman, owner of the Rock and Zimmerman Ventures, said a partnership with the Illinois-based company is a strong possibility.
"We are in serious discussions with Bo Jackson's Elite Sports to bring a dome to Milwaukee and are looking at The Rock in Franklin or other promising locations in the city," Zimmerman said.
Bo Jackson's Elite Sports dome facility in Lockport, Illinois, hosts training opportunities for baseball, softball, football, soccer and lacrosse. Individual athletes can also use the dome to improve their skills through practice at the facility.
The company recently opened a new facility in Hilliard, Ohio, according to the company's website.
Bo Jackson, the retired football and baseball player considered the "Greatest Athlete of All Time" by ESPN, visited The Rock on August 22 to discuss a potential partnership, Zimmerman said. Jackson was accompanied by the company's chief operation officer and former professional baseball player John Cangelosi, who founded the dome's Cangelosi Baseball program.
"We signed a memo of understanding between the parties and are now running the analytics around the market opportunity to see what that tells us," Zimmerman said. "The business model behind the Bo Jackson Sports Dome is very compelling … And wherever this ends up in Milwaukee County, it will be very exciting for that particular community."
The Rock is located at 7900 Crystal Ridge Road.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: April 2
- Franklin Common Council approves Kayla's Krew playground site
- Franklin police report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Here's what's on the April 7 ballot in Oak Creek, Franklin, Greendale and Hales Corners
- Franklin police warn of identity theft trend
- Franklin, Greendale students speak with officials about youth tobacco prevention
- Recall committee calls Franklin alderwoman a 'wicked witch' in flier
- Franklin High School seeks preschool-ready children
- Academy of Performing Arts to move its Franklin location
- Franklin Health Dept. asks residents to check home for radon levels