Oak Creek — According to the recreation department, this Saturday's BMX and skateboarding competition has been canceled at the Oak Creek Skate Park, 1311 E. Drexel Ave., due to a lack of registrants.
This was Oak Creek's first official BMX/skateboarding competition. The event was intended for 10- to 16-year-olds and a group older than 17 years old. Competitors were not required to be Oak Creek residents.
The Skate Board Division consisted of a 90-second run on the skate park obstacles. The BMX Division would consist of a "best trick" competition, with three attempts. Steve Kaplan, one of the primary catalysts for the creation of the Oak Creek Skate Park, was scheduled to be a judge.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Things to Do: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- News & Notes: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Caddie from Franklin sees a lot of green for his efforts
- Interactive: Franklin council agrees to consider Ballpark Commons (1)
- Franklin police report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Oak Creek-Franklin School Board hopefuls state their views (2)
- Things to Do: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Tenth Franklin food drive collects over 850 pounds of food
- Franklin police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Video: Bucks' Rim Rockers rock Whitnall HS