Oak Creek — According to the recreation department, this Saturday's BMX and skateboarding competition has been canceled at the Oak Creek Skate Park, 1311 E. Drexel Ave., due to a lack of registrants.
This was Oak Creek's first official BMX/skateboarding competition. The event was intended for 10- to 16-year-olds and a group older than 17 years old. Competitors were not required to be Oak Creek residents.
The Skate Board Division consisted of a 90-second run on the skate park obstacles. The BMX Division would consist of a "best trick" competition, with three attempts. Steve Kaplan, one of the primary catalysts for the creation of the Oak Creek Skate Park, was scheduled to be a judge.
- Things to Do: June 30, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Franklin Library to once again host "Writer's Nights"
- Franklin Library will host "Princess of Magic" June 28
- Referendum will be held to decide fate of Forest Park Middle School (3)
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek fire up for the Fourth
- Franklin Police arrest two suspects for poaching in Whitnall Park
- News & Notes: June 23, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: June 23, 2016 issue
- Paul Ryan schedules stops in Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek