Oak Creek — According to the recreation department, this Saturday's BMX and skateboarding competition has been canceled at the Oak Creek Skate Park, 1311 E. Drexel Ave., due to a lack of registrants.
This was Oak Creek's first official BMX/skateboarding competition. The event was intended for 10- to 16-year-olds and a group older than 17 years old. Competitors were not required to be Oak Creek residents.
The Skate Board Division consisted of a 90-second run on the skate park obstacles. The BMX Division would consist of a "best trick" competition, with three attempts. Steve Kaplan, one of the primary catalysts for the creation of the Oak Creek Skate Park, was scheduled to be a judge.
- Franklin community shows support for local police officers
- Moth Night at Wehr Nature Center July 29&30
- Gas leak in Franklin causes traffic stop, evacuation
- Traffic blocked for gas leak near Old Loomis Rd and Rawson Ave
- News & Notes: July 21, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: July 21, 2016 issue
- FPS announces district and school administrators for new school year
- Franklin police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- Pokemon Go can go anywhere, but you shouldn't, police say
- Franklin Poms dancers donate toys to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin