Oak Creek — According to the recreation department, this Saturday's BMX and skateboarding competition has been canceled at the Oak Creek Skate Park, 1311 E. Drexel Ave., due to a lack of registrants.
This was Oak Creek's first official BMX/skateboarding competition. The event was intended for 10- to 16-year-olds and a group older than 17 years old. Competitors were not required to be Oak Creek residents.
The Skate Board Division consisted of a 90-second run on the skate park obstacles. The BMX Division would consist of a "best trick" competition, with three attempts. Steve Kaplan, one of the primary catalysts for the creation of the Oak Creek Skate Park, was scheduled to be a judge.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local police assemble for seat belt enforcement
- News & Notes: May 21, 2015 issue
- Long-term care home now has city of Franklin's OK
- Franklin police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners and Oak Creek have full list of holiday events
- Cargill, MillerCoors employees give back in day of volunteering at Franklin farm
- Teens charged in burglaries
- Local dermatology clinic unveils new name, brand
- Company behind Franklin High School's new floor wins national awards for design
- Taking a FARE view of risky food allergies