A 25-year-old South Milwaukee man was arrested for robbing TCF Bank, 8995 S. Howell Ave., Oct. 20.
According to the Oak Creek police log:
The man entered the bank about 11 a.m. wearing dark-rimmed glasses with a fake mustache attached to it, and handed a note to an employee that demanded money from her register. The note also stated not to use a dye pack or he would blow up the bank. The man then handed the employee a white plastic bag, which she filled with an undisclosed amount of money before handing it back to him.
He left the bank and was last seen walking west toward Kohl's.
During the investigation, police got a tip from a security guard at Caterpiller Global Mining in South Milwaukee, who said a man matching the description of the robbery suspect was at their facility that day speaking to another employee. A detective spoke to the employee, who said the man was his roommate. Officers went to the apartment in South Milwaukee and arrested the 25-year-old man.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Oscar's Frozen Custard to open new location in Franklin
- Greenfield's Naked Furniture to close April 30
- Franklin police report: Feb. 26, 2015, issue
- Polish Center of Wisconsin begins Friday night fish fry for Lenten season
- Voters in Oak Creek-Franklin and Greendale decide candidates for April 7 election
- I-94 plan that decreases freeway access disappoints West Allis officials
- Dental Associates named Business of the Year by South Suburban Chamber of Commerce
- Franklin police report: Feb. 19, 2015, issue