Arrest made in connection to apartment burglaries
Police nab man who lives in same complex
Oak Creek - A police investigation of two burglaries in the same apartment building led to the Feb. 15 arrest of an 18-year-old man who lives in the apartment complex.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The investigation started when an apartment resident in the 100 block of East Field Stone Circle came home and discovered his Xbox gaming system and $350 worth of video games had been stolen from his locked apartment between 7:15 a.m. and 5 p.m. Dec. 6.
On Feb. 14 police responded to the same apartment building after a resident reported more than $1,400 worth of electronics, including a flat-screen television, two gaming consoles, two hand-held gaming systems and numerous video games, had been stolen from his home between 7:45 a.m. and 3:40 p.m.
In both cases there were no signs of forced entry and no evidence was found at either apartment.
Officers questioned the 18-year-old tenant the next day after they found many of the stolen items in his apartment. He denied being involved in the burglaries and was arrested on two counts of possession of stolen property.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: April 16, 2015 issue
- Video: The curtain rises on Franklin High School's new performing arts center (1)
- Whitnall ponders: What's next? Moving on in the face of failed referendum
- Franklin police report: April 16, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Pet adoption drive, mob boss speaker and more
- Local sports complex receives 'Riders' Choice Award'
- Lewis and Evans elected to Franklin School District Board (1)
- Chadwick and Sikorski to stay on Greendale Village Board
- Oak Creek-Franklin auditorium referendum defeated
- Franklin police report: April 9, 2015 issue