Arrest made in connection to apartment burglaries
Police nab man who lives in same complex
Oak Creek - A police investigation of two burglaries in the same apartment building led to the Feb. 15 arrest of an 18-year-old man who lives in the apartment complex.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The investigation started when an apartment resident in the 100 block of East Field Stone Circle came home and discovered his Xbox gaming system and $350 worth of video games had been stolen from his locked apartment between 7:15 a.m. and 5 p.m. Dec. 6.
On Feb. 14 police responded to the same apartment building after a resident reported more than $1,400 worth of electronics, including a flat-screen television, two gaming consoles, two hand-held gaming systems and numerous video games, had been stolen from his home between 7:45 a.m. and 3:40 p.m.
In both cases there were no signs of forced entry and no evidence was found at either apartment.
Officers questioned the 18-year-old tenant the next day after they found many of the stolen items in his apartment. He denied being involved in the burglaries and was arrested on two counts of possession of stolen property.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin police report: May 28, 2015 issue
- Rock Sports Complex in Franklin launches summer concert series
- Franklin students turns lemons into cancer research
- Local police assemble for seat belt enforcement
- News & Notes: May 21, 2015 issue
- Long-term care home now has city of Franklin's OK (1)
- Franklin police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners and Oak Creek have full list of holiday events
- Cargill, MillerCoors employees give back in day of volunteering at Franklin farm
- Teens charged in burglaries