Arrest made in connection to apartment burglaries
Police nab man who lives in same complex
Oak Creek - A police investigation of two burglaries in the same apartment building led to the Feb. 15 arrest of an 18-year-old man who lives in the apartment complex.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The investigation started when an apartment resident in the 100 block of East Field Stone Circle came home and discovered his Xbox gaming system and $350 worth of video games had been stolen from his locked apartment between 7:15 a.m. and 5 p.m. Dec. 6.
On Feb. 14 police responded to the same apartment building after a resident reported more than $1,400 worth of electronics, including a flat-screen television, two gaming consoles, two hand-held gaming systems and numerous video games, had been stolen from his home between 7:45 a.m. and 3:40 p.m.
In both cases there were no signs of forced entry and no evidence was found at either apartment.
Officers questioned the 18-year-old tenant the next day after they found many of the stolen items in his apartment. He denied being involved in the burglaries and was arrested on two counts of possession of stolen property.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- More trees than anticipated will fall in road reconstruction plan in Franklin
- Franklin police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Ending Common Core raises concerns among West Allis and West Milwaukee educators
- Whitnall ready to go for $29.4 million facilities referendums
- Franklin High School students apply nice doggone artistic touch for canine care business
- News & Notes: Jan. 15, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: Jan. 15, 2015 issue
- Whitnall School District closes because of cold
- Hickory Grove Apartments proposal stands still after alderwoman abstains
- Candidates file for spring election in Oak Creek, Franklin, Greendale and Hales Corners