Franklin - Two 19-year-old men were arrested for burglary after an alert police officer pursued a vehicle speeding out of a Franklin subdivision Monday.
According to the Franklin police report:
The officer attempted to pull the vehicle over after he saw it speed out of a subdivision near 76th Street and Drexel Avenue about 3 a.m. Monday. The driver failed to stop for the officer and a pursuit ensued.
The chase ended when the driver pulled over in the 9500 block of West Loomis Road. After police discovered numerous stolen items in the car, the occupants, a 19-year-old Franklin man and a 19-year-old Milwaukee man, were arrested.
A police investigation determined the men stole the items from a home and four vehicles in the 7900 block of South 55th Street prior to the police chase. They apparently entered the home while the residents were sleeping.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Annual MACC Fund Car Show to be held on Sunday, Sept. 7
- Franklin board approve unchanged school tax levy
- Corrections: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Franklin considers City Hall makeover: Officials seek new concept designs for facility beyond roof and siding projects
- Franklin Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Video Tour: Franklin High School construction nears completion for first day of school
- News & Notes: August 28, 2014 issue
- St. Martins Fair returns for Labor Day weekend
- Franklin High's new auditorium, classrooms to be ready for first day of school
- Correction: Aug. 21, 2014 issue