Franklin - Two 19-year-old men were arrested for burglary after an alert police officer pursued a vehicle speeding out of a Franklin subdivision Monday.
According to the Franklin police report:
The officer attempted to pull the vehicle over after he saw it speed out of a subdivision near 76th Street and Drexel Avenue about 3 a.m. Monday. The driver failed to stop for the officer and a pursuit ensued.
The chase ended when the driver pulled over in the 9500 block of West Loomis Road. After police discovered numerous stolen items in the car, the occupants, a 19-year-old Franklin man and a 19-year-old Milwaukee man, were arrested.
A police investigation determined the men stole the items from a home and four vehicles in the 7900 block of South 55th Street prior to the police chase. They apparently entered the home while the residents were sleeping.
- Sink or Swim: One Franklin family's fight with rare bone cancer
- Video: Alanna Koehler opens up about daughter's cancer diagnosis
- Video: Brittany Norris finds out she has cancer
- Grease fire damages oven at Franklin bakery
- Five places to go to let your dog off the leash this summer
- Reptile Day returns June 12 at Wehr Nature Center
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- 'Bow Tie,' deer illegally hunted in Wauwatosa, finally returns home
- News & Notes: May 19, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: May 19, 2016 issue