Franklin - Police are seeking a 30-year-old Waukesha man who led officers on a high-speed chase during the early morning hours of Christmas Day.
According to the Franklin police log:
Officers began pursuing a maroon 1996 Chrysler Concorde after the driver suddenly turned off his headlights and started speeding in the 7800 block of West Imperial Drive, shortly after 2:30 a.m. Dec. 25. The pursuit ended when officers lost sight of the vehicle in the 8200 block of West Winston Way.
At 3:14 a.m. police received word that the car was discovered in the back yard in the 8200 block of West Winston Way. The driver had apparently hit the curb at the dead end of Winston Way and continued driving onto a residential property. The car struck a window well and electric meter on the west side of a home before crashing into a brush pile in the back yard.
The driver, a 30-year-old Waukesha man, was not in the vehicle and officers were unable to find him.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin Council to hold public information meeting on Saturday (4)
- News & Notes: July 30, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: July 30, 2015 issue
- Parks commission chairman lashes out at Franklin Common Council (1)
- Trio tries to add key points with their new Franklin sports bar (1)
- Franklin police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Kayla's Playground groundbreaking (2)
- Franklin parks commissioner calls out common council
- Local pediatrician stars in commercial for Kohls
- Franklin police report: July 23, 2015 issue