Franklin - Police are seeking a 30-year-old Waukesha man who led officers on a high-speed chase during the early morning hours of Christmas Day.
According to the Franklin police log:
Officers began pursuing a maroon 1996 Chrysler Concorde after the driver suddenly turned off his headlights and started speeding in the 7800 block of West Imperial Drive, shortly after 2:30 a.m. Dec. 25. The pursuit ended when officers lost sight of the vehicle in the 8200 block of West Winston Way.
At 3:14 a.m. police received word that the car was discovered in the back yard in the 8200 block of West Winston Way. The driver had apparently hit the curb at the dead end of Winston Way and continued driving onto a residential property. The car struck a window well and electric meter on the west side of a home before crashing into a brush pile in the back yard.
The driver, a 30-year-old Waukesha man, was not in the vehicle and officers were unable to find him.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin to negotiate terms of West St. Martins Road repair, ownership with Milwaukee County
- News & Notes: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin resident Mary Mainella just one of many older adults serving Milwaukee’s veterans through Interfaith
- Homeward bound: Victory of the Lamb, Kayla's Krew move closer to making new facilities a reality
- Franklin police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Franklin man faces arson charge for allegedly starting apartment fire (1)
- Arson suspect of Franklin apartment complex fire taken into custody
- News & Notes: Dec. 4, 2014 issue