After high-speed chase, man drives into yard
He fled from vehicle before police arrived
Franklin - Police are seeking a 30-year-old Waukesha man who led officers on a high-speed chase during the early morning hours of Christmas Day.
According to the Franklin police log:
Officers began pursuing a maroon 1996 Chrysler Concorde after the driver suddenly turned off his headlights and started speeding in the 7800 block of West Imperial Drive, shortly after 2:30 a.m. Dec. 25. The pursuit ended when officers lost sight of the vehicle in the 8200 block of West Winston Way.
At 3:14 a.m. police received word that the car was discovered in the back yard in the 8200 block of West Winston Way. The driver had apparently hit the curb at the dead end of Winston Way and continued driving onto a residential property. The car struck a window well and electric meter on the west side of a home before crashing into a brush pile in the back yard.
The driver, a 30-year-old Waukesha man, was not in the vehicle and officers were unable to find him.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: May 14
- Are there cougars in Franklin? Police officer sees large, wild cat on bike trail
- Forest Park students help Greenfield teen go to X Games, via Make-A-Wish
- Boy Scout adds garden beds to Franklin library
- Things to Do
- Greendale police arrest boy for graffiti damage
- Franklin unveils new career, college readiness curriculum
- Franklin School Board approves 2.7 percent pay raises
- In Our Schools: May 14
- Franklin police investigating robbery at KFC