Franklin — A soccer game was suspended at a sports complex in Franklin after a fight between fans of rival teams spilled out of the bleachers and onto the field Sunday afternoon, Aug. 31.
According to police:
At least five Franklin police squads and several squads from the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office responded to a large brawl at the Milwaukee County Sports Complex, 6000 W. Ryan Road, about 3 p.m.
The fight turned into a melee, with some adult soccer players also getting involved in the fracas. When police arrived the fight was still in progress, and the game was suspended until the area could be cleared.
In total, four people were injured during the fight. Three of the injured people, two security guards and one soccer player, refused medical transport and were treated at the scene.
One of the injured people, a 19-year-old man, was transported to Wheaton Franciscan Hospital for treatment of a possible concussion. Police are trying to identify and locate the man who caused his injuries.
Police cleared all spectators out of the fenced-in area surrounding the field and alcohol sales were suspended for the rest of the day. Spectators coming into the stadium were told to store or empty any alcoholic beverages before returning to the stadium for the next scheduled soccer match.
More details about the incident will be released when the police report has been completed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Rock announces July Fourth celebration plans
- Sink or Swim: Franklin girl fights through early stages of a cancer diagnosis (1)
- Going Fourth: Where to celebrate holiday in Oak Creek, Franklin, Greendale and Hales Corners
- Franklin residents voice concerns about potential sidewalks
- Franklin police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Forest Park Middle School named school of distinction, merit
- Public Forum: Franklin has poor track record on taking action
- News & Notes: June 25, 2015 issue
- In name of beer, volunteers lend a hand at Franklin's Hunger Task Force Farm
- Motion to dismiss for couple charged with locking daughter in basement denied