Franklin — A soccer game was suspended at a sports complex in Franklin after a fight between fans of rival teams spilled out of the bleachers and onto the field Sunday afternoon, Aug. 31.
According to police:
At least five Franklin police squads and several squads from the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office responded to a large brawl at the Milwaukee County Sports Complex, 6000 W. Ryan Road, about 3 p.m.
The fight turned into a melee, with some adult soccer players also getting involved in the fracas. When police arrived the fight was still in progress, and the game was suspended until the area could be cleared.
In total, four people were injured during the fight. Three of the injured people, two security guards and one soccer player, refused medical transport and were treated at the scene.
One of the injured people, a 19-year-old man, was transported to Wheaton Franciscan Hospital for treatment of a possible concussion. Police are trying to identify and locate the man who caused his injuries.
Police cleared all spectators out of the fenced-in area surrounding the field and alcohol sales were suspended for the rest of the day. Spectators coming into the stadium were told to store or empty any alcoholic beverages before returning to the stadium for the next scheduled soccer match.
More details about the incident will be released when the police report has been completed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: April 16, 2015 issue
- Video: The curtain rises on Franklin High School's new performing arts center (1)
- Whitnall ponders: What's next? Moving on in the face of failed referendum
- Franklin police report: April 16, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Pet adoption drive, mob boss speaker and more
- Local sports complex receives 'Riders' Choice Award'
- Lewis and Evans elected to Franklin School District Board (1)
- Chadwick and Sikorski to stay on Greendale Village Board
- Oak Creek-Franklin auditorium referendum defeated
- Franklin police report: April 9, 2015 issue