Franklin — A soccer game was suspended at a sports complex in Franklin after a fight between fans of rival teams spilled out of the bleachers and onto the field Sunday afternoon, Aug. 31.
According to police:
At least five Franklin police squads and several squads from the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office responded to a large brawl at the Milwaukee County Sports Complex, 6000 W. Ryan Road, about 3 p.m.
The fight turned into a melee, with some adult soccer players also getting involved in the fracas. When police arrived the fight was still in progress, and the game was suspended until the area could be cleared.
In total, four people were injured during the fight. Three of the injured people, two security guards and one soccer player, refused medical transport and were treated at the scene.
One of the injured people, a 19-year-old man, was transported to Wheaton Franciscan Hospital for treatment of a possible concussion. Police are trying to identify and locate the man who caused his injuries.
Police cleared all spectators out of the fenced-in area surrounding the field and alcohol sales were suspended for the rest of the day. Spectators coming into the stadium were told to store or empty any alcoholic beverages before returning to the stadium for the next scheduled soccer match.
More details about the incident will be released when the police report has been completed.
- Franklin High School wins awards for "Fiddler on the Roof"
- News & Notes: May 26, 2016 issue
- Classes resume at Franklin High School following evacuation
- Franklin police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ryan schedules mobile office tour dates
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek Memorial-ize the holiday
- Construction blooms in Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek
- Sink or Swim: One Franklin family's fight with rare bone cancer
- Video: Alanna Koehler opens up about daughter's cancer diagnosis