Man arrested after
gun incident in bar
Oak Creek — An intoxicated man was arrested after he displayed a loaded gun at an Oak Creek Bar on Friday, Aug. 8.
According to the police report:
An employee at Jim Dandy's, 8900 S. 27th St., called police after the man pulled a loaded gun out of his waistband, waved it around, and then set it on the bar at about 4:50 p.m., causing a disturbance inside the bar, with other patrons fearing for their safety.
A man then walked up behind the suspect and grabbed the gun off the bar before the suspect could pick it up, unloaded the gun and placed it behind the bar until police arrived.
The responding officers arrested the man on state charges of disorderly conduct and possession of a firearm while intoxicated, and confiscated the weapon.
A breath test indicated the suspect's preliminary blood alcohol content was 0.25.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin police report: Sept. 3, 2015 issue
- Tornado took the wind out of spirited city retail debate
- Franklin 4th District voters consider recall of alderwoman (4)
- News & Notes: Sept. 3, 2015
- Franklin recall candidates sound off on dysfunction, development, goals (27)
- Reiman Chapel in Franklin to host blessing, tour for public
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- Things to Do: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Public Forum: Janet Evans deserves to finish her term (6)