Man arrested after
gun incident in bar
Oak Creek — An intoxicated man was arrested after he displayed a loaded gun at an Oak Creek Bar on Friday, Aug. 8.
According to the police report:
An employee at Jim Dandy's, 8900 S. 27th St., called police after the man pulled a loaded gun out of his waistband, waved it around, and then set it on the bar at about 4:50 p.m., causing a disturbance inside the bar, with other patrons fearing for their safety.
A man then walked up behind the suspect and grabbed the gun off the bar before the suspect could pick it up, unloaded the gun and placed it behind the bar until police arrived.
The responding officers arrested the man on state charges of disorderly conduct and possession of a firearm while intoxicated, and confiscated the weapon.
A breath test indicated the suspect's preliminary blood alcohol content was 0.25.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin, Greendale students speak with officials about youth tobacco prevention
- Recall committee calls Franklin alderwoman a 'wicked witch' in flier
- Franklin High School seeks preschool-ready children
- Academy of Performing Arts to move its Franklin location
- Franklin Health Dept. asks residents to check home for radon levels
- New scholarship available to Franklin students pursuing careers in the arts
- Franklin police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Kayla's Krew gets caught in middle of playground fight over site options in Franklin
- Pleasant View Elementary seeks graduate memories for 50th anniversary
- Franklin mayor vetoes Froemming Park location for Kayla's Krew, calls for special meeting