Man arrested after
gun incident in bar
Oak Creek — An intoxicated man was arrested after he displayed a loaded gun at an Oak Creek Bar on Friday, Aug. 8.
According to the police report:
An employee at Jim Dandy's, 8900 S. 27th St., called police after the man pulled a loaded gun out of his waistband, waved it around, and then set it on the bar at about 4:50 p.m., causing a disturbance inside the bar, with other patrons fearing for their safety.
A man then walked up behind the suspect and grabbed the gun off the bar before the suspect could pick it up, unloaded the gun and placed it behind the bar until police arrived.
The responding officers arrested the man on state charges of disorderly conduct and possession of a firearm while intoxicated, and confiscated the weapon.
A breath test indicated the suspect's preliminary blood alcohol content was 0.25.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin Council to hold public information meeting on Saturday (1)
- News & Notes: July 30, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: July 30, 2015 issue
- Parks commission chairman lashes out at Franklin Common Council (1)
- Trio tries to add key points with their new Franklin sports bar (1)
- Franklin police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Kayla's Playground groundbreaking (2)
- Franklin parks commissioner calls out common council
- Local pediatrician stars in commercial for Kohls
- Franklin police report: July 23, 2015 issue