Man arrested after
gun incident in bar
Oak Creek — An intoxicated man was arrested after he displayed a loaded gun at an Oak Creek Bar on Friday, Aug. 8.
According to the police report:
An employee at Jim Dandy's, 8900 S. 27th St., called police after the man pulled a loaded gun out of his waistband, waved it around, and then set it on the bar at about 4:50 p.m., causing a disturbance inside the bar, with other patrons fearing for their safety.
A man then walked up behind the suspect and grabbed the gun off the bar before the suspect could pick it up, unloaded the gun and placed it behind the bar until police arrived.
The responding officers arrested the man on state charges of disorderly conduct and possession of a firearm while intoxicated, and confiscated the weapon.
A breath test indicated the suspect's preliminary blood alcohol content was 0.25.
- Franklin High School wins awards for "Fiddler on the Roof"
- News & Notes: May 26, 2016 issue
- Classes resume at Franklin High School following evacuation
- Franklin police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ryan schedules mobile office tour dates
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek Memorial-ize the holiday
- Construction blooms in Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek
- Sink or Swim: One Franklin family's fight with rare bone cancer
- Video: Alanna Koehler opens up about daughter's cancer diagnosis