Man arrested after
gun incident in bar
Oak Creek — An intoxicated man was arrested after he displayed a loaded gun at an Oak Creek Bar on Friday, Aug. 8.
According to the police report:
An employee at Jim Dandy's, 8900 S. 27th St., called police after the man pulled a loaded gun out of his waistband, waved it around, and then set it on the bar at about 4:50 p.m., causing a disturbance inside the bar, with other patrons fearing for their safety.
A man then walked up behind the suspect and grabbed the gun off the bar before the suspect could pick it up, unloaded the gun and placed it behind the bar until police arrived.
The responding officers arrested the man on state charges of disorderly conduct and possession of a firearm while intoxicated, and confiscated the weapon.
A breath test indicated the suspect's preliminary blood alcohol content was 0.25.
- Franklin condo fire sends one woman to the hospital
- Franklin police holding self-defense seminar for women May 7
- News & Notes: April 28, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: Art at Boerner, brain series and more
- Franklin police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin water rates could increase by 7 percent
- Franklin celebrating Arbor Day with saplings and city cleanup
- Kayla's Playground closed April 26
- Southbrook Church hosting prescription drug awareness event April 25
- Franklin students get real-life experience in remodeling teacher's basement