· A resident in the 9200 block of South 47th Street reported that someone forced their way into her locked backyard shed sometime between 3 p.m. June 11 and noon June 12.
· Various power tools, a snowblower, a power washer and a compressor were stolen out of an unlocked shed in the 9200 block of South 47th Street at about 2:15 a.m. June 12. A neighbor told police he saw someone drive a white Chrysler Pacifica through his front yard, into the victim's backyard and then back up toward the shed at about 2 a.m. The suspect fled when he noticed he was being watched and was last seen traveling southbound on South 47th Street.
· Money, jewelry and medicine were stolen from a home in the 8500 block of South Country Club Drive between 3:20 and 5:15 p.m. June 15. The unidentified person(s) forced open a front door to gain entry and then rifled through drawers and cabinets before exiting the home.
· An unidentified female shoplifted one carton of Mambas and two cartons of Starburst candy, valued at $88, at Speedway, 1001 W. Church St., and then fled in a maroon Plymouth minivan at about 11:40 a.m. May 28. The incident was captured on video surveillance.
· A Waukesha man reported his ex-girlfriend, a 27-year-old woman, stole his tan 1999 Toyota Camry at Menards, 10925 W. Speedway Drive, sometime between June 3 and June 4. While trying to locate the suspect, Franklin police discovered the suspect was in possession of several stolen license plates, and she is known to "escort" out of motels, most recently at the Whitnall View Motel.
· A 32-year-old Milwaukee man and a 33-year-old St. Francis man were arrested for theft and possession of drug paraphernalia after they stole wood pallets at Planet Fitness, 6529 S. 27th St., at about 7:10 p.m. June 9. The St. Francis man was also taken into custody for having a valid warrant with the St. Francis Police Department.
· Oxycodone pills and about $50 in singles and change were stolen out of a locked vehicle while it was parked at The Party Spot, 7119 S. 76th St., sometime between 4 and 10 p.m. June 9. The victim told police he suspected his "sometime" live-in girlfriend because she had access to a spare set of keys at his residence and there were no signs of forced entry, and police are attempting to locate the woman for questioning.
· A 28-year-old woman and an 18-year-old man, both of Milwaukee, were arrested for shoplifting clothing at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., at about 5 p.m. June 10. The woman was also cited for no insurance and unauthorized display of registration/plates.
· A 20-year-old man was arrested for shoplifting and possession of drug paraphernalia after he shoplifted $16 worth of lighters at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., and then fled on foot at about 1:45 p.m. June 14.
· A 56-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for shoplifting shoes and a cutlery set at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., at about 7:30 p.m. June 14.
· A 23-year-old New Berlin man was arrested for theft after he stole a cell phone from his estranged wife at Whitnall Park Golf Course, 6751 S. 92nd St., at about 9:30 p.m. June 14.
· A 29-year-old West Allis woman and a 27-year-old Milwaukee woman were arrested for shoplifting $1,021 worth of merchandise at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., at about 4:55 p.m. June 15. The West Allis woman was also cited for disorderly conduct after she fought with the security staff and caused a disturbance in the store, and the Milwaukee womanwas cited for trespassing due to prior shoplifting incidents.
· A motorist reported two unidentified males in a smaller beige vehicle threw a filled water bottle at her car, causing a small dent on the passenger side roof area of her vehicle while she was traveling southbound on South 51st Street and West Puetz Road at about 6:10 p.m. June 9.
· A resident reported someone smashed a window on his yellow E250 van while it was parked in the 9900 block of West St. Martins Road at about 10:15 a.m. June 10.
· A man was cited for vandalism after he cut fabric off several chairs, damaged a TV, broke a lamp and cut a bedspread in a room at the Park Motel, 7273 S. 27th St., while he stayed there between 3:15 p.m. June 10 and 12:30 p.m. June 12.
· A resident in the 9200 block of South Sherwood Drive reported finding roofing nails in several of her tires at about 9 p.m. June 12. The caller stated the incidents occurred over the past few days, and she believes the damage was intentional.
· A resident on W. Forest Hill Ave. reported smoke and flames coming out of a clothes dryer in a second floor closet at about 4:30 a.m. June 13. The homeowner disconnected the dryer and put out the flames with a fire extinguisher. Damage to the home was minor, and the dryer was removed from the home by Franklin Fire Department. The homeowner received burns to his left leg when moving a melting rug and was transported to Wheaton Franciscan for treatment.
· Firefighters and police responded to a trailer home fire at Franklin Mobile Estates, 6361 S. 27th St., after receiving multiple 911 calls reporting several loud explosions in the area at about 10:55 p.m. June 13. Upon arrival, police saw flames and smoke pouring out of the trailer, and the fire was extinguished with the assistance from the Greendale, Oak Creek, Greendale, Hales Corners and Tess Corners fire departments. The resident evacuated the residence before police arrived and was not injured. The cause of the fire was unknown at the time of the report.
· A resident in the 7700 block of West Maple Ridge Court reported someone took their flag off their flag pole, folded it and placed it on their porch at about 9:45 a.m. June 14. The resident stated this was the second time someone removed their flag, supposedly in response to an opinion article/letter her husband placed in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
· Franklin police assisted with one rescue call and two fire calls between June 9 and June 16.
- Franklin police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: May 19, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: May 12, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: April 21, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: April 14, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: April 7, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: March 31, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: March 24, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: March 17, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: March 10, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: March 3, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: Feb. 25, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: Feb. 18, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: Jan. 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: Jan. 21, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: Jan. 14, 2016 issue