1A 67-year-old woman was arrested for shoplifting $21 worth of merchandise at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., at 8:20 a.m. Feb. 24.
2A man stole a television at Target, 7800 S. Lovers Lane Road, about 2:20 p.m. Feb. 24. Witnesses described him as a white man in his mid-20s wearing a parka, jeans and a dark blue knit cap. He drove off in a silver Buick Regal and was last seen traveling east on Drexel Avenue toward Loomis Road.
3A resident in the 6600 block of South Whitnall Edge Road reported a female acquaintance stole $80 from her wallet after the resident gave her permission to spend the night at her home about 2:10 a.m. Feb. 26. The 27-year-old woman, came into the house through an unlocked door, stole the money out of her wallet, and then drove off in a Honda Civic that was waiting for her outside the home.
4A 53-year-old man was arrested for shoplifting about $20 worth of Advil and Mucinex at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., at 2:15 p.m. March 1.
5A 51-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for shoplifting and possession of drug paraphernalia at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., at 8:40 p.m. March 2.
6The Forest Home Animal Clinic, 11222 W. Forest Home Ave., reported the theft of a large political sign at 12:50 p.m. March 3. Someone stole two fence posts, valued at $35, and a two-foot by three-foot sign for John Nelson, and replaced it with a large Basil Ryan sign between noon March 1 and 9 p.m. March 3.
7A 16-year-old girl was arrested for battery after she struck her grandmother in the face in the 7200 block of South 51st Street about 8:20 p.m. Feb. 24. She previously had been reported as a missing juvenile, and was referred to juvenile court for prosecution.
8A 30-year-old Manitowoc man was arrested for possession of marijuana and cited for driving with a suspended license in the parking lot at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., at 2:20 a.m. Feb. 26.
9A 43-year-old West Allis man was arrested for possession of marijuana, cocaine, heroin and drug paraphernalia, and was taken into custody on a West Allis Police Department warrant for possession of drug paraphernalia at the Park Motel, 7273 S. 27th St., at 1:15 a.m. March 2. Police also arrested a 27-year-old Milwaukee woman and a 25-year-old Muskego woman for possession of drug paraphernalia, and the 25-year-old woman was taken into custody on a West Allis Police Department warrant for possession of drug paraphernalia.
10A 64-year-old man was arrested for drunken driving and cited for not having proof of insurance at Chili's Grill & Bar, 6439 S. 27th St., after a manager called police to report an intoxicated customer inside the restaurant was being uncooperative and refusing a ride home about 6:30 p.m. March 3. His blood-alcohol content was 0.19.
11A 44-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving and cited for driving without a valid driver's license, not having proof of insurance and a seatbelt violation after an off-duty Kenosha police officer reported a reckless driver swerving all over the roadway, braking abruptly and driving at varying speeds near Loomis Road and Forest Home Avenue about 9:20 p.m. March 3. His BAC was 0.26.
· A Franklin resident reported that someone claiming to be from Megamillions called his residence at 9:40 a.m. Feb. 27 and stated he had won $2.5 million, and then told the resident to purchase a $335 Money tax refill scratch card at CVS Pharmacy to claim his prize. The telephone scammer called back while an officer was at the residence, and after a brief conversation with the officer the caller began swearing and the call was ended. The resident was advised to let these calls go to voicemail and/or stop talking with the scammers, and to call police if anyone came to his residence.
12A 23-year-old man was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and was taken into custody on Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office warrants for driving with a revoked license and burglary in the parking lot of the Park Motel, 7273 S. 27th St., at 1:40 p.m. Feb. 27.
13Officers responding to a report of several people using heroin in a room at the Plaza Motel, 8151 S. 27th St., arrested a 32-year-old Milwaukee man and a 48-year-old Milwaukee man for possession of drug paraphernalia about 5:15 a.m. March 1.
· Franklin police responded to two domestic violence calls between Feb. 24 and March 3.
14A caller reported smoke coming out a vent on a roof at a residence in the 8900 block of South 79th Street at 9:43 a.m. Feb. 27. The fire originated from the kitchen stove and was not suspicious. No one was injured and the fire was contained to the kitchen area; a damage estimate was unavailable at the time of the report.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin police report: Jan. 29, 2015, issue
- Franklin police report: Jan. 22, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: Jan. 15, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: Jan. 8, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: Jan. 1, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: Dec. 25, 2014 issue
- Franklin police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Franklin police report: Dec. 4, 2014 issue
- Franklin police report: Nov. 27, 2014 issue
- Franklin police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Franklin police report: Nov. 6, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Sept. 25, 2014
- Franklin Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue