A 42-year-old man was arrested after he called the Franklin Police Department on Jan. 17 claiming his vehicle had been stolen, but police found it in a ditch with footprints leading from it to the man's home.
According to the Franklin police report:
The man called police at 2:15 a.m. Jan. 17 claiming his 2004 Dodge Durango had been stolen from his driveway.
Before he made the report, police had received a report that a Durango was in a ditch in the 2900 block of West Puetz Road.
Police followed footprints around the vehicle toward the man's home in the 8500 block of South 35th Street. They arrested him for a probation violation and filing a false police report.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Rock announces July Fourth celebration plans
- Sink or Swim: Franklin girl fights through early stages of a cancer diagnosis (1)
- Going Fourth: Where to celebrate holiday in Oak Creek, Franklin, Greendale and Hales Corners
- Franklin residents voice concerns about potential sidewalks
- Franklin police report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Forest Park Middle School named school of distinction, merit
- Public Forum: Franklin has poor track record on taking action
- News & Notes: June 25, 2015 issue
- In name of beer, volunteers lend a hand at Franklin's Hunger Task Force Farm
- Motion to dismiss for couple charged with locking daughter in basement denied