A 42-year-old man was arrested after he called the Franklin Police Department on Jan. 17 claiming his vehicle had been stolen, but police found it in a ditch with footprints leading from it to the man's home.
According to the Franklin police report:
The man called police at 2:15 a.m. Jan. 17 claiming his 2004 Dodge Durango had been stolen from his driveway.
Before he made the report, police had received a report that a Durango was in a ditch in the 2900 block of West Puetz Road.
Police followed footprints around the vehicle toward the man's home in the 8500 block of South 35th Street. They arrested him for a probation violation and filing a false police report.
- Franklin community shows support for local police officers
- Moth Night at Wehr Nature Center July 29&30
- Gas leak in Franklin causes traffic stop, evacuation
- Traffic blocked for gas leak near Old Loomis Rd and Rawson Ave
- News & Notes: July 21, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: July 21, 2016 issue
- FPS announces district and school administrators for new school year
- Franklin police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- Pokemon Go can go anywhere, but you shouldn't, police say
- Franklin Poms dancers donate toys to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin