A 42-year-old man was arrested after he called the Franklin Police Department on Jan. 17 claiming his vehicle had been stolen, but police found it in a ditch with footprints leading from it to the man's home.
According to the Franklin police report:
The man called police at 2:15 a.m. Jan. 17 claiming his 2004 Dodge Durango had been stolen from his driveway.
Before he made the report, police had received a report that a Durango was in a ditch in the 2900 block of West Puetz Road.
Police followed footprints around the vehicle toward the man's home in the 8500 block of South 35th Street. They arrested him for a probation violation and filing a false police report.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Carlisle Interconnect Technologies plans to expand Franklin location
- Root River Center Reopened: Grand opening will be on Oct. 9 to 11
- The Hill Has Eyes at The Rock is open for scaring
- Things to Do: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- News & Notes: Oct. 1, 2015
- Search begins for Franklin bank robber
- Franklin police report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- Franklin police take burglary suspect into custody
- Video: Franklin High School students lend a hand at Kayla's Playground (1)
- Franklin police report: Sept. 24, 2015 issue