Franklin — A 22-year-old Oak Creek man who refused to pay for two private dances at a night club was taken into custody after he became combative and began spitting on the arresting officers Monday.
According to the Franklin police report:
Officers responded to On The Border, 10741 S. 27th St., after an employee reported that a patron was refusing to pay for two private lap dances, valued at $70, about 12:30 a.m. Monday.
The man was so intoxicated he didn't remember receiving the lap dances. He originally offered to pay, but then changed his mind and became combative, resisted arrest and started spitting at police.
He was arrested for throwing/spitting bodily fluids at a police officer, resisting arrest and theft by fraud, and was taken to the county jail. He is scheduled to appear in the district attorney's office on Wednesday.
If he is charged with and found guilty of spitting at officers, a Class I felony, he would face a fine of up to $10,000 and/or imprisonment up to 31/2 years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Pick 'n Save, Hunger Task Force visit area senior centers in new mobile market
- Franklin police report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Franklin's $37 million budget for 2016 sees few tax changes
- Rawson Avenue closure beginning Nov. 18
- Later paper delivery for Now Newspapers’ Nov. 26, 2015, issue: Later paper next week
- News & Notes: Nov. 19, 2015
- Things to Do: Nov. 19, 2015 issue
- Franklin police report: Nov. 19, 2015 issue
- Missing Franklin woman found, reunited with family
- Franklin woman missing since Wednesday, Nov. 11