The Greendale Police Department successfully negotiated with an armed man inside a home in the 6000 block of Oakwood Lane today.
According to a statement issued by police:
Police were alerted to a domestic dispute between a 42-year-old man, his mother and his mother's boyfriend at 10:42 a.m.
"During the argument, the 42-year-old man armed himself with a pistol and fired into the floor of the residence," it states. "The mother and her boyfriend fled the residence and called police, leaving the 42-year-old man in the residence alone."
Police secured the area and contacted the man by phone.
He surrendered peacefully and was taken into custody about 1 p.m.
No one was injured.
The case will be referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall three-term incumbent won't seek re-election
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- News & Notes: Dec. 5
- Former alderman Steve Olson to make mayoral bid
- News and Notes
- Hampton Inn slated for Loomis and 76th
- Police Report: Nov. 26
- Get ready to bounce, jump at indoor trampoline park
- Greendale man charged with groping deputy in Whitnall Park sex sting
- Chapel to comfort cancer patients in Franklin