A 21-year-old woman who called 911 to report her stove was on fire was later arrested for drug violations after fire officials found marijuana and drug paraphernalia in her residence Saturday.
According to the Franklin police report:
The Franklin Fire Department and police responded to a report of a stove fire at a home in the 6600 block of South Parkedge Circle about 10:40 a.m. Saturday.
It was determined the fire was started by bacon grease, and the stove was quickly removed from the residence by the firefighters.
A fire lieutenant who was clearing smoke from the rooms reported finding a plastic bag containing a green, leafy substance and a red bong in plain view. Canine officer Charlie was brought into the home and found several other smoking pipes and marijuana blunts.
All the items tested positive for THC, and the woman cited for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek-Franklin School Board hopefuls state their views (1)
- Things to Do: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Tenth Franklin food drive collects over 850 pounds of food
- Franklin police report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Video: Bucks' Rim Rockers rock Whitnall HS
- Things to Do: Jan. 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin joins Light and Unite Red Week to fight substance abuse
- Franklin police report: Jan. 28, 2016 issue
- Missing Franklin boys found safe in Ohio
- News & Notes: Jan. 21, 2016 issue