A 21-year-old woman who called 911 to report her stove was on fire was later arrested for drug violations after fire officials found marijuana and drug paraphernalia in her residence Saturday.
According to the Franklin police report:
The Franklin Fire Department and police responded to a report of a stove fire at a home in the 6600 block of South Parkedge Circle about 10:40 a.m. Saturday.
It was determined the fire was started by bacon grease, and the stove was quickly removed from the residence by the firefighters.
A fire lieutenant who was clearing smoke from the rooms reported finding a plastic bag containing a green, leafy substance and a red bong in plain view. Canine officer Charlie was brought into the home and found several other smoking pipes and marijuana blunts.
All the items tested positive for THC, and the woman cited for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
- Second year to Stuff the Squad for St. James food pantry
- Warrior Dash obstacle course coming to The Rock Aug. 13
- Franklin High School wins awards for "Fiddler on the Roof"
- News & Notes: May 26, 2016 issue
- Classes resume at Franklin High School following evacuation
- Franklin police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ryan schedules mobile office tour dates
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek Memorial-ize the holiday
- Construction blooms in Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek (3)