A 21-year-old woman who called 911 to report her stove was on fire was later arrested for drug violations after fire officials found marijuana and drug paraphernalia in her residence Saturday.
According to the Franklin police report:
The Franklin Fire Department and police responded to a report of a stove fire at a home in the 6600 block of South Parkedge Circle about 10:40 a.m. Saturday.
It was determined the fire was started by bacon grease, and the stove was quickly removed from the residence by the firefighters.
A fire lieutenant who was clearing smoke from the rooms reported finding a plastic bag containing a green, leafy substance and a red bong in plain view. Canine officer Charlie was brought into the home and found several other smoking pipes and marijuana blunts.
All the items tested positive for THC, and the woman cited for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
- Franklin community shows support for local police officers
- Moth Night at Wehr Nature Center July 29&30
- Gas leak in Franklin causes traffic stop, evacuation
- Traffic blocked for gas leak near Old Loomis Rd and Rawson Ave
- News & Notes: July 21, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: July 21, 2016 issue
- FPS announces district and school administrators for new school year
- Franklin police report: July 21, 2016 issue
- Pokemon Go can go anywhere, but you shouldn't, police say
- Franklin Poms dancers donate toys to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin