· An unknown person stole a men's mountain bike and a pair of shoes containing about $602 in cash out of an unlocked garage in the 3100 block of West Rawson Avenue at about 2 a.m. Aug. 19. The bike and shoes were found in some tall grass just north of the residence.
· A woman reported that her $150 iPod Nano was stolen when she took her truck in for an oil change at Franklin Automotive and Restoration, 3012 W. Ryan Road, at 1:15 p.m. Aug. 12. The woman told police the theft occurred on Aug. 9.
· Two males stole 15 pallets from Group II Communications, 11311 W. Forest Home Ave., between 11:50 a.m. and 12:05 p.m. Aug. 10. One of the suspects was seen loading the pallets into an older, dark-colored extended cab pickup truck with another unknown male before leaving the parking lot.
· A 39-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for shoplifting after he was seen hiding items at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., at 1:15 p.m. Aug. 13. He was also cited for trespassing due to past shoplifting incidents at the business.
· A woman reported her purse was stolen at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, 7410 W. Rawson Ave., at 3:15 p.m. Aug. 13.
· A 1996 Jayco pop-up camper was stolen from the lot at Cesarz Drywall Inc., 9625 S. 54th St., between July 28 and Aug. 13.
· An unknown female shoplifted 12 cans of baby formula, valued at $10 each, by hiding them under two bath towels in a cart at Target, 7800 S. Lovers Lane Road, at about 11:10 a.m. Aug. 12. The suspect got into the passenger side of a light blue, four-door 1996 Geo Prism. The woman is also a suspect in a similar shoplifting incident in Brookfield and police are following up.
· A window air conditioning unit was stolen out of a camper that was stored at Speedway Auto Detailing, 6742 S. 112th St., between Aug. 10 and Aug. 12. The unknown suspect(s) also damaged a canvas awning and a glass table top inside the camper.
· A 28-year-old Oak Creek woman was arrested for shoplifting and cited for possession of drug paraphernalia at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., at 4:20 p.m. Aug. 15.
· A 27-year-old Caledonia man and a 24-year-old man were arrested for shoplifting an undisclosed amount of merchandise at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., at 7:10 p.m. Aug. 15.
· A GPS unit was stolen from a 2006 Saab SUV parked in the 3600 block of West College Avenue between 5 p.m. Aug. 15 and 8:50 a.m. Aug. 16. The rear hatch window on the vehicle appeared to have been forced open.
· A 31-year-old woman was arrested for shoplifting after she returned a bookshelf with an altered price tag to receive a larger refund at Target, 7800 S. Lovers Lane Road, at 8:40 p.m. Aug. 16.
· A 15-year-old Cudahy boy was arrested for shoplifting after he was seen hiding merchandise at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., at about 2:10 p.m. Aug. 18. He was also cited for obstructing after he provided a false name to police.
· A 17-year-old boy was arrested for theft at about 7 p.m. Aug. 18 after it was discovered he stole a laptop computer from his mother's home in the 6500 block of South 35th Street on Aug. 17.
· An unknown person stole a blue plastic tote containing a tow strap, boat hitch and come along from the back of a truck parked in a driveway in the 8700 block of South 99th Street between 6:30 and 8 p.m. Aug. 18.
· A 39-year-old man was arrested for shoplifting after he was seen hiding merchandise at Goodwill Industries, 6941 S. Riverwood Blvd., at 4:30 p.m. Aug. 19.
· A 23-year-old West Allis woman was arrested for possession of marijuana during a traffic stop in the 2700 block of West Ryan Road at 6:35 p.m. Aug. 12.
· A 21-year-old Franklin man was arrested for possession of marijuana in the 7800 block of South 27th Street at 11:10 p.m. Aug. 13.
· An 18-year-old woman was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after she was involved in a car accident in the 9200 block of South 68th Street at 5:25 p.m. Aug. 15.
· An 18-year-old Franklin man was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and for possession of an alcoholic beverage in the 8100 block of South 81st Street at 10:20 p.m. Aug. 17.
· A 46-year-old man was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia after police found a crack pipe in his possession when he was being taken into custody for shoplifting at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., at about 11 a.m. Aug. 18.
· A 45-year-old Franklin woman was arrested for drunken driving with a passenger under age 16 and was cited for operating left of the center line on Pineberry Ridge and 76th Street at about 9 p.m. Aug. 15. Her blood alcohol content was 0.15.
· A 34-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving and cited for failure to maintain control of a vehicle after he struck a mailbox in the 3400 block of West Drexel Avenue and drove into the ditch at 35th Street and Drexel Avenue about 9:20 p.m. Aug. 15. His blood alcohol content was 0.22.
· An unknown person broke out the rear window at Verizon Wireless, 6531 S. 27th St., in an apparent attempt to gain entry to the building sometime between 6 p.m. Aug. 11 and 9:25 a.m. Aug. 12.
· A resident in the 10600 block of West Church Street reported her mailbox was damaged between 6:15 and 10:35 a.m. Aug. 13. An unknown vehicle apparently left the road and struck the mailbox, knocking it off its post. Damage is estimated at $100.
· An unknown person threw a rock through the windshield of a 2008 Chevy Silverado truck parked in a driveway in the 3700 block of Southwood Drive at about 2:45 a.m. Aug. 14. A damage estimate was unavailable.
· An unknown person gouged a hole in the 11th green with a rope snake at Oakwood Golf Course, 3600 W. Oakwood Road, between 8 p.m. Aug. 13 and 6 a.m. Aug. 14. The person also removed a flag stick and threw it into a tree. A damage estimate was not listed on the report.
· An unknown person driving an early 1990s Chevy pickup truck failed to stop at the intersection of 116th Street and Ryan Road, drove into a yard and crashed into a mound septic system, damaging a cement crock and electrical pump at 10:15 p.m. Aug. 3. The driver left the yard and was last seen driving eastbound on West Ryan Road.
· Security personnel at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, 10101 S. 27th St., reported an unknown person pushed over a portable toilet and broke the outer sheet of glass on a double window on the north end of the property between 9 p.m. Aug. 13 and 7:30 a.m. Aug. 14.
· An employee at Tuckaway Country Club, 6901 W. Drexel Ave., reported the eighth green was vandalized with black spray paint sometime between the evening hours of Aug. 14 and the early morning hours of Aug. 15. The unknown person spray-painted pictures of male genitalia, naked women, Latin King gang crowns, stars and various words on a bench, a tree, the women's tee box and the nine tee path. One resident told police he saw five 15- to 19-year-old males with backpacks, one wearing a bright orange hoodie, walking toward the golf course near the 7500 block of West Tuckaway Pines Circle the night the incident occurred.
· A 24-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for receiving stolen property and was taken into custody for having a valid warrant through the Milwaukee Police Department for domestic violence/battery after police found a stolen license plate on his vehicle at the Plaza Motel, 8151 S. 27th St., at 4:45 a.m. Aug. 13. Police also arrested a 33-year-old West Allis woman who was with the suspect for possession of drug paraphernalia.
· Two boys were arrested for disorderly conduct after they were seen yelling profanities in the parking lot at Walmart, 6701 S. 27th St., at 10:10 p.m. Aug. 14.
· A 48-year-old Franklin man was arrested for disorderly conduct after he threatened another man in the 6400 block of South 27th Street at about 9:25 p.m. Aug. 15.
· A 39-year-old man was arrested and cited for trespassing after he was found knocking on the front door, looking in a window and staring at dogs at a residence in the 7300 block of South 35th Street at 12:25 p.m. Aug. 17. The subject had been advised not to trespass on the property in the past.
· A 39-year-old man was arrested and taken into custody for having a valid warrant through the Wisconsin Department of Corrections for disorderly conduct after he showed up at the Milwaukee County House of Correction to pick up someone who had been released at about 3 p.m. Aug. 19.
· Franklin police responded to two domestic violence calls and assisted with seven rescue calls and one fire call between Aug. 12 and Aug. 19.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- Police Report: Nov. 26
- Police Reports: Nov. 19
- Police Report: Nov. 12
- Police Report: Nov. 5
- Police Report: Oct. 29
- Police Report: Oct. 22
- Police Report: Oct. 15
- Police Report: Oct. 8
- Police Report: Oct. 1
- Police Report: Sept. 24
- Police Report: Sept. 17
- Police Reports: Sept. 10
- Police Report: Sept. 3
- Police Report: Aug. 27
- Police Report: Aug. 13
- Police Report: Aug. 6
- Police Report: July 30
- Police Report: July 23
- Police Report: July 16