The Hales Corners fireworks show tonight was abruptly canceled about four minutes after its 9:30 p.m. start after a loud, unexpected bang was followed by emergency sirens, ambulances and police vehicles.
Officials cordoned off the entrance to Hales Corners Park where the program was being held. Ambulances from both Hales Corners and Franklin reported to the scene, which was not easily accessible.
A gurney could be seen heading up the hill toward the launch site.
A short while later, one of the ambulances could be seen getting a police escort out of the area, presumably to an area hospital.
No details of who or how many were hurt in the incident were available though at least one injury was reported.
Police were diverting pedestrian traffic exiting the park away from the main entrance near the launch site.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police deem Kayla's Playground safe after nearby explosion; ribbon cutting will proceed today
- Oscar's Frozen Custard Franklin location stalled by lack of equipment
- Franklin police report: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- New mini park takes small steps in Franklin
- Hunger Task Force Farm in Franklin tries to sustain itself in multiple ways
- News & Notes: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Things to Do: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Carlisle Interconnect Technologies plans to expand Franklin location
- Root River Center Reopened: Grand opening will be on Oct. 9 to 11