The Hales Corners fireworks show tonight was abruptly canceled about four minutes after its 9:30 p.m. start after a loud, unexpected bang was followed by emergency sirens, ambulances and police vehicles.
Officials cordoned off the entrance to Hales Corners Park where the program was being held. Ambulances from both Hales Corners and Franklin reported to the scene, which was not easily accessible.
A gurney could be seen heading up the hill toward the launch site.
A short while later, one of the ambulances could be seen getting a police escort out of the area, presumably to an area hospital.
No details of who or how many were hurt in the incident were available though at least one injury was reported.
Police were diverting pedestrian traffic exiting the park away from the main entrance near the launch site.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin to negotiate terms of West St. Martins Road repair, ownership with Milwaukee County
- News & Notes: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin resident Mary Mainella just one of many older adults serving Milwaukee’s veterans through Interfaith
- Homeward bound: Victory of the Lamb, Kayla's Krew move closer to making new facilities a reality
- Franklin police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Franklin man faces arson charge for allegedly starting apartment fire (1)
- Arson suspect of Franklin apartment complex fire taken into custody
- News & Notes: Dec. 4, 2014 issue