The Hales Corners fireworks show tonight was abruptly canceled about four minutes after its 9:30 p.m. start after a loud, unexpected bang was followed by emergency sirens, ambulances and police vehicles.
Officials cordoned off the entrance to Hales Corners Park where the program was being held. Ambulances from both Hales Corners and Franklin reported to the scene, which was not easily accessible.
A gurney could be seen heading up the hill toward the launch site.
A short while later, one of the ambulances could be seen getting a police escort out of the area, presumably to an area hospital.
No details of who or how many were hurt in the incident were available though at least one injury was reported.
Police were diverting pedestrian traffic exiting the park away from the main entrance near the launch site.
- Franklin High School wins awards for "Fiddler on the Roof"
- News & Notes: May 26, 2016 issue
- Classes resume at Franklin High School following evacuation
- Franklin police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ryan schedules mobile office tour dates
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek Memorial-ize the holiday
- Construction blooms in Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek
- Sink or Swim: One Franklin family's fight with rare bone cancer
- Video: Alanna Koehler opens up about daughter's cancer diagnosis