A Milwaukee man is no longer welcome in a local thrift store after getting caught shoplifting a "Beavis and Butthead" VHS tape last week.
According to the Franklin police report:
The 19-year-old man was arrested for shoplifting the tape at the Salvation Army Store, 6341 S. 27th St., at 1:45 p.m. on Thursday. The tape was valued at 49 cents.
The man was cited and banned from the store because he is a suspect in previous shoplifting incidents.
Visit MyCommunityNOW's Suburban Crime Map each week for more crime reports, which are compiled by NOW reporters from more than 20 local police departments.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glen Morrow hired as new Franklin City Engineer
- Franklin man uses bike to hike Alzheimer's awareness
- Franklin's EDC remains clouded in political dust-up
- Debate over Franklin trail name proves less than poetic
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- New theater group raises the curtain in Franklin
- Community Calendar: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Franklin Police Report: Oct. 16, 2014 issue
- Franklin looks to freeze tax levy, anticipates slight tax rate decrease
- Dispute over Franklin mayor's appointees leave Economic Development Commission stranded