Oak Creek - A 51-year-old Milwaukee woman who was apparently upset with her daughter used a hammer to vandalize her daughter's car while it was parked outside Comfort Suites, 6362 S. 13th St., Saturday.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The woman's daughter was staying at Comfort Suites when she called police about 6 p.m. March 16 to report her car had been vandalized by her mother.
Two witnesses told police they saw a woman breaking out the windows of the car with a hammer shortly before 6 p.m., and surveillance footage shows a person walking up to the vehicle and smashing its windows.
The woman used the hammer to smash the windshield, the front driver-side and front passenger-side windows, the screen on the CD player inside the vehicle and the rear-view mirror. She also damaged the gear shifter and windshield wiper handle. Damage to the car is estimated at $1,065.
Police were unable to find the 51-year-old woman for questioning, and she was cited by mail for criminal damage to property.
The report did not give a reason for the vandalism.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Franklin to negotiate terms of West St. Martins Road repair, ownership with Milwaukee County
- News & Notes: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin police report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Franklin resident Mary Mainella just one of many older adults serving Milwaukee’s veterans through Interfaith
- Homeward bound: Victory of the Lamb, Kayla's Krew move closer to making new facilities a reality
- Franklin police report: Dec. 11, 2014 issue
- Franklin man faces arson charge for allegedly starting apartment fire (1)
- Arson suspect of Franklin apartment complex fire taken into custody
- News & Notes: Dec. 4, 2014 issue