Oak Creek - A 51-year-old Milwaukee woman who was apparently upset with her daughter used a hammer to vandalize her daughter's car while it was parked outside Comfort Suites, 6362 S. 13th St., Saturday.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The woman's daughter was staying at Comfort Suites when she called police about 6 p.m. March 16 to report her car had been vandalized by her mother.
Two witnesses told police they saw a woman breaking out the windows of the car with a hammer shortly before 6 p.m., and surveillance footage shows a person walking up to the vehicle and smashing its windows.
The woman used the hammer to smash the windshield, the front driver-side and front passenger-side windows, the screen on the CD player inside the vehicle and the rear-view mirror. She also damaged the gear shifter and windshield wiper handle. Damage to the car is estimated at $1,065.
Police were unable to find the 51-year-old woman for questioning, and she was cited by mail for criminal damage to property.
The report did not give a reason for the vandalism.
- News & Notes: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin school specialist is 'Making IT Happen' with technology
- State rep., write-in candidate, 19, seek Senate District 28 seat
- Things to Do: July 28, 2016 issue
- New pickleball courts to be painted at Ken Windl, Pleasant View Parks
- Franklin police report: July 28, 2016 issue
- Franklin Library to host Pokemon Go Night on August 11
- Websites to get new look, realignment
- Franklin community shows support for local police officers
- Moth Night at Wehr Nature Center July 29&30