Oak Creek - A 51-year-old Milwaukee woman who was apparently upset with her daughter used a hammer to vandalize her daughter's car while it was parked outside Comfort Suites, 6362 S. 13th St., Saturday.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The woman's daughter was staying at Comfort Suites when she called police about 6 p.m. March 16 to report her car had been vandalized by her mother.
Two witnesses told police they saw a woman breaking out the windows of the car with a hammer shortly before 6 p.m., and surveillance footage shows a person walking up to the vehicle and smashing its windows.
The woman used the hammer to smash the windshield, the front driver-side and front passenger-side windows, the screen on the CD player inside the vehicle and the rear-view mirror. She also damaged the gear shifter and windshield wiper handle. Damage to the car is estimated at $1,065.
Police were unable to find the 51-year-old woman for questioning, and she was cited by mail for criminal damage to property.
The report did not give a reason for the vandalism.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Things to Do: July 30, 2015 issue
- Parks commission chairman lashes out at Franklin Common Council (1)
- Trio tries to add key points with their new Franklin sports bar (1)
- Franklin police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Kayla's Playground groundbreaking (1)
- Franklin parks commissioner calls out common council
- Local pediatrician stars in commercial for Kohls
- Franklin police report: July 23, 2015 issue
- Kayla playground project leaps forward in Franklin (1)
- Slash in state aid money could force Franklin School district to increase tax levy