Oak Creek - A 51-year-old Milwaukee woman who was apparently upset with her daughter used a hammer to vandalize her daughter's car while it was parked outside Comfort Suites, 6362 S. 13th St., Saturday.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The woman's daughter was staying at Comfort Suites when she called police about 6 p.m. March 16 to report her car had been vandalized by her mother.
Two witnesses told police they saw a woman breaking out the windows of the car with a hammer shortly before 6 p.m., and surveillance footage shows a person walking up to the vehicle and smashing its windows.
The woman used the hammer to smash the windshield, the front driver-side and front passenger-side windows, the screen on the CD player inside the vehicle and the rear-view mirror. She also damaged the gear shifter and windshield wiper handle. Damage to the car is estimated at $1,065.
Police were unable to find the 51-year-old woman for questioning, and she was cited by mail for criminal damage to property.
The report did not give a reason for the vandalism.
- Warrior Dash obstacle course coming to The Rock Aug. 13
- Franklin High School wins awards for "Fiddler on the Roof"
- News & Notes: May 26, 2016 issue
- Classes resume at Franklin High School following evacuation
- Franklin police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Things to Do: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ryan schedules mobile office tour dates
- Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek Memorial-ize the holiday
- Construction blooms in Franklin, Greendale, Hales Corners, Oak Creek
- Sink or Swim: One Franklin family's fight with rare bone cancer