Oak Creek - A 51-year-old Milwaukee woman who was apparently upset with her daughter used a hammer to vandalize her daughter's car while it was parked outside Comfort Suites, 6362 S. 13th St., Saturday.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The woman's daughter was staying at Comfort Suites when she called police about 6 p.m. March 16 to report her car had been vandalized by her mother.
Two witnesses told police they saw a woman breaking out the windows of the car with a hammer shortly before 6 p.m., and surveillance footage shows a person walking up to the vehicle and smashing its windows.
The woman used the hammer to smash the windshield, the front driver-side and front passenger-side windows, the screen on the CD player inside the vehicle and the rear-view mirror. She also damaged the gear shifter and windshield wiper handle. Damage to the car is estimated at $1,065.
Police were unable to find the 51-year-old woman for questioning, and she was cited by mail for criminal damage to property.
The report did not give a reason for the vandalism.
- Franklin resident one of the first to use new heart monitoring device
- Portable toilet "blown up" in Franklin
- Franklin to celebrate 60th anniversary
- Franklin continues to explore implications of Ballpark Commons project
- Franklin approves new self-storage facility on 27th street
- Things to Do: June 30, 2016 issue
- Franklin police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Franklin Library to once again host "Writer's Nights"
- Franklin Library will host "Princess of Magic" June 28
- Referendum will be held to decide fate of Forest Park Middle School (6)