Oak Creek - A 24-year-old Oak Creek man was arrested for a weapons violation after he accidentally shot his girlfriend in the buttocks on Valentine’s Day.
According to the Oak Creek police report:
The man called police about 5:45 p.m. to report he had accidentally shot his 21-year-old girlfriend in the buttocks with a 9-millimeter handgun. Dispatchers helped the man tend his girlfriend's wounds until police and paramedics arrived.
The woman was taken to the hospital. The report did not state the severity of her injuries but police confirmed they were not life-threatening.
After the man was questioned at the police station he was arrested on a state charge of endangering safety by use of a dangerous weapon.
He has not yet been charged.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Saber Stadium Project moves to finish in fall in Franklin
- Sentry site proposed for community center use in Franklin
- Police Report: March 4
- News & Notes: March 4
- Whitnall panel gets 'ideas,' and prices, for facility fixes in Greenfield and Hales Corners
- Timber Wolf Preservation Society quietly goes out of business
- Kleefisch, Chandler praise Walker's record
- Two Oak Creek-Franklin schools likely to have safer entrances next fall
- Mystery group targeted Ryan
- Basil Ryan plans write-in mayoral bid